Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone. I am about to build a Plasma 3 Premium with Di2 all internal wiring and was wondering if anyone has done one with the rear brake cable through the stem and steerer tube like it is on the TT frames? Is it possible? All the pictures I have seen on the net are of the right side of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [Yamahafx1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not do it. The steerer tube of the TT is very thick and the holes are offset. It also has custom threaded nut for the compression plug. If you really want to internalize everything contact Calfee and get him to do a custom install for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [CorePerformance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the info info but I already did it. Is the TT steerer thicker than the Premium? It looks at least .250.

I figured the angle of the cable entry and milled the hole on the back side of the steerer offset with the front and it lined up perfect. All I have left to do is run the wires thru the Pro Missile Evos. I thought that was going to be the easy part but its not by the looks of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, the Missle Evo are a PITA to adjust. Part of aero bike ownership. The TT steerer is thicker. Use carbon paste and a lower torque just to be safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yamahafx1,
I would be appreciative if you could send me some detailed info and/or pics about your work. I have a plasma premium and would like to do the same thing to it. What stem are you using with your EVO's. I have some EVO's coming. I have seen that trisports and another shop in Chicago have done this, but I would rather not end my bike away if I can do it myself.

Mark

murawski_md@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yamahafx1 wrote:
I appreciate the info info but I already did it. Is the TT steerer thicker than the Premium? It looks at least .250.

I figured the angle of the cable entry and milled the hole on the back side of the steerer offset with the front and it lined up perfect. All I have left to do is run the wires thru the Pro Missile Evos. I thought that was going to be the easy part but its not by the looks of it.

love to see what you've done! sounds cool.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Yamahafx1 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Yamahafx1: Jan 21, 12 8:39
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to answer your pm but it says I'm not allowed, whats the trick?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [CorePerformance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It went ok after I removed the nut assembly for the pads and then realized what the threads are for on the back. That made it much easier. Whats the carbon paste for?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [mmurawski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is your bike DI2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yamahafx1 wrote:
I tried to answer your pm but it says I'm not allowed, whats the trick?

i'm having the same trouble responding to other users' PMs. weird. i can respond to some and not others.

i'll send you my email address.

do you have any photos of the drilling in the steerer itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have photos of every step. I'll have to resize them so it will take some time but I'll send them when I'm done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you just want to send me an e-mail with the pics and details. I might use the profile stem but I might also try the team PRO EVO stem made for the Plasma 3 if it will fit. I am only going to run the rear brake for now as I use SRAM and am not going electronic yet. I really want to see how you drilled the steerer and then where you opened up the carbon cable tubes if that is what you call them.

I was planning on using a clear sticker to cover the hole in the frame or maybe some sort of rubber or silicone plug.

Mark
murawski_md@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just learned that the Evo stem is for 1 1/8 and the 3 is a 1". Maybe it can be adapted....

The pics are on their way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen that pdf. I need to know what to use to cut the hole in the steerer and how did you measure it out. Any tricks to cutting open the little carbon tubes that the cables run in?

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a tool to cut it without chancing nicking the frame. I'll send a pic of the tool. The tube is actually soft and can be slit with a razor blade. If you want to use my tool I could send it to you. Or you can make one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Plasma and all the items to do a custom Di2 install. I would really appreciate your insight / pics on how to run the rear brake cable and any other advice. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [Dkblume] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, what is you email address?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be great! Please send to dkblume@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [Dkblume] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

How did you route the rear dérailleur wire? The problem I had with it is that the wire starts from the BB area but the sleeve for the rear dérailleur is completely closed and runs from the head tube all the way down to the rear mech. I ended up sticking it out of the hole in the bb shell and wiring it externally down the chain stay but if there is a way to use the sleeve that would be neater?

Ta
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just slit the sleeve inside the bb area and ran it through from there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get my email?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yamahafx1 wrote:
I just slit the sleeve inside the bb area and ran it through from there.

I was considering that but in the end I didn't dare. What did you cut it with and how easy was it?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium Brake Cable [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut it with a razor with no problem. If you make a small slit lengthwise the guide will still be useable with a cable.
Quote Reply

Prev Next