Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Infinit Napalm [bnation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it come in anything other than grape flavor? I swear by their orange-flavored mix, but grape sounds pretty gross.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's just grape right now, but it's pretty good. Kinda like a grape jolly rancher.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of people here need to lighten up
______

For sure!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning .... it reminds me of ....victory! I think I'll pull out my old Apocalypse Now DVD tonight for some entertainment.
As far as the gel ...I'm a GU guy.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear it tastes like "Victory"
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [pman928] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't tried it yet, but I think I might

_______

Veteran cyclist trying to learn to the tri game!
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
This appears to be an attempt on a direct copy of EFS Liquid Shot - per 400 calorie servings, the nutritional content lines up almost exactly. Par slightly less sugar in the Infinit concoction.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
gu and powerbar gel have been around far longer than liquid shot and if you put 400 calories of either of them in a flask you basically have efs liquid shot. using your logic, efs liquid shot is a direct copy off existing gels. no?
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [JBrashear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to test and loved it. Easy to use, much more liquid than a Gu and the grape flavor wasn't too strong, I don't really care what they call it.

Epix Gear Brand Ambassador
In Training IM NYC -U.S Championship 8 11 12

Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [Trisumai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's what they had in mind. Mixing it in the proper 50/50 ratio would be very hard while racing. Oddly enough, if sloshing is your biggest concern EFS liquid shot may be your best bet, despite the name it's pretty thick and won't slosh much.

In reply to the grandparent Napalm is far thinner after being mixed than liquid shot. Its very thin, almost watery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced Triple T this weekend and Napalm was the on course nutrition for the run. I was excited to try it and grabbed a cup in the first aid station. I have to say that it was the most awful bitter/burning gel I ever had. I only got half a cup in and then rinsed the rest out of my mouth. Within the next mile my stomach locked up. I can't even describe the flavor but, it certainly lives up to its name.

On the other hand they also had infinit oncourse and it tasted great. Not salty like usual. I actually questioned whether they cut it with lemonade. For the second year in a row it brought me back from the dead after I ran out of my own stuff. I usually use Fluid and Hammer gel but, EFS is pretty good too. Lately, Ive been pretty sucessful using just honey on olympic distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on to my 2nd bag of the stuff.... I am liking the stuff.... The packaging makes mixing a breeze..... I wouldn't want to rely on Napalm for all my calories in an Ironman, but I'll use it on the run for sure.... Mixes easy, tastes fine, no stomach issues......

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [cmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmonster wrote:
I raced Triple T this weekend and Napalm was the on course nutrition for the run. I was excited to try it and grabbed a cup in the first aid station. I have to say that it was the most awful bitter/burning gel I ever had. I only got half a cup in and then rinsed the rest out of my mouth. Within the next mile my stomach locked up. I can't even describe the flavor but, it certainly lives up to its name.

On the other hand they also had infinit oncourse and it tasted great. Not salty like usual. I actually questioned whether they cut it with lemonade. For the second year in a row it brought me back from the dead after I ran out of my own stuff. I usually use Fluid and Hammer gel but, EFS is pretty good too. Lately, Ive been pretty sucessful using just honey on olympic distance.

Totally disagree with this comment. I Raced TTT as well, and loved the Naplam. It's not sweet and a bit salty, goes down really easily, no need for water after. I'm ordering a bottle on my next Infinit order for sure! Way better than gels!
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did well with it too. I got two going out on the second loop of the run.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what someone else said too. I only had the one cup and I could even see undisolved powder or something pinkish in the bottom of the cup. I will have to give it another go in Morgantown but, at this time I am not impressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I called it the salty chlorine.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I did well with it too. I got two going out on the second loop of the run.

jaretj

I screwed up my nutrtion on the bike and was facing a horrible implosion on the run. Had a couple cups of Napalm midway through Lap 1 and thought it tasted fine. by the 2nd lap I somehow felt a better.

I have my Torhans Aero VR bottle that came with my Felt DA3 that I haven't quite figured out what to use it for...Napalm will be perfect for that.

Triple T was an awesome weekend BTW! Was suprised to see the number of people making long drives to get there....but I see why now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it at Triple T and found it a hard to drink. It's too strong of a taste. But, the liquid form is nice. It has the consistency of Sambuca liquor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As other people have said, it is way easier to get down than a gel and doesn't require you to wash it down with water. I prefer it to gels but I have never been able to deal with gels in the first place. It definitely isn't sweet and i guess it has a taste some people may dislike (supposed to be grape). BTW, not sure what the pink stuff was in your drink. I have a bag of Napalm and it is a fine white powder.

cmonster wrote:
That's what someone else said too. I only had the one cup and I could even see undisolved powder or something pinkish in the bottom of the cup. I will have to give it another go in Morgantown but, at this time I am not impressed.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [smtrickett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smtrickett wrote:
I tried it at Triple T and found it a hard to drink. It's too strong of a taste. But, the liquid form is nice. It has the consistency of Sambuca liquor.

I had heard that there was a weird taste to the NAPALM at TTT, and that is suprising. The product is designed to be neutral and salty just like the rest of our product line. Nick came back and thought that the cups were the issue.

We have had nothing but positive feedback. But, we will continue to work on how to deliver properly at the races. RD's like the product because they only mix what they need and there is no trash left behind in the park.

We have the second flavor Orange Creamsicle done. We will be rolling out next month.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had it at Triple-T and while initially hesitant, actually quite enjoyed it. I think I had 4 small cups (2oz) worth to supplement my calories from Infinit drink (which I dilute 50:50 w/ water). I couldn't describe any flavor other than slightly sweet and salty. I really like that it a clear liquid since I know what happens to dark colored liquids in the sun (the red PB Perform at IM Can was hard to stomach).

One issue with the Triple T setup is that the water they used was pumped from a very long hose. If the water used to fill the aid station water was in the void volume of the hose, it tasted like rubber hose. Not Infinits fault - and big deal. Hose water takes me back to my childhood.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [non_sequitur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, I have talked to Shannon several times about that. But...he did grow up on a farm. :)

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW - I used the napalm on the run. No issues or concerns with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurecting an old thread to ask: Can anyone thing of a reason Infinit Canada wouldn't have Napalm available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, should it be mixed let,s say with 20 Oz of water at a similar concentration of electrolytes like Gatorade??
Quote Reply

Prev Next