Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

B2B Athlete Tracking
Quote | Reply
I looked on the site concerning the tracking but dont see the different points where the athlete's times will be available for viewing. I have only followed athletes once and that was at Louisville. Is this tracking different or am I missing something. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [kdlsch111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure just checked someones and it had his swim time and T1 time (sub 43, he's fast but the current must be cruising today as it's 7 minutes faster then his 2009 time)

Not quite the same as following a IM event but at least it's something. Wonder if they'll have any splits on the bike course. Guess only time will tell since nothing is listed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Site here: http://www.beach2battleship.com/. Setup events tracking is at conclusion of each event.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [cbcooler1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help. So what you are saying is there arent any points on the bike or run to check their progress, just at the end of each discipline?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from their facebook page
"Live timing split points: Swim, T1, Bike, T1, 6.5, 13.1, 19.6, and finish. Multiple run splits, but no splits on the bike. Just no good location, but we are keeping our eye out for next year."

Another update
"Sean Curtis first out of the water with a blazing 36:07 swim"
Last edited by: GAscott: Oct 29, 11 6:01
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on the leaders? Who is leading the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GAscott wrote:
"

Another update
"Sean Curtis first out of the water with a blazing 36:07 swim"

Do you think it would be safe to say that the swim was short and there was ripping current? I don't know the course, is it a point to point/.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [tri2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim is point to point and the current is cruising this year compared to last year. I think you could cannon ball into the channel to start and float your way to the marina and beat the cutoff today.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [RottieGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend whose swim time last year was 1:24 and this year was 58. Last year it was choppy and the current was working against them, this year the current is unbelievably fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nice current there today. They joked that u could float and beat the cutoff. Just hard to sight.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge current today. Everyone probably swam 20 minutes faster than normal.

Cold, windy bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darrel Williams won in 9:13. He said that the cold and windy conditions on the bike were brutal today.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet the conditions had some play on the run as well, Darrel ran 3:08, he went 3:00 at IM LOU this year. Either that or he knew he had it in the bag and coasted in???

Congrats Darrel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today's conditions on the bike were the toughest I have ever experienced, cold, wet and winds gusting to 30. Saw many bikers go down after being blown into traffic cones and the left shoulder. Had I been signed up up for the full I would have bailed.

The run wasn't much better but at least there was some sun...

Bravo to the full entrants.

Ron W.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [rjsurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree about the bike conditions. I wasn't prepared for the cold or rain. Raced only in my amphibian and arm warmers. Safe to say that cost me a lot of time on the bike. The run weather was perfect except for the headwinds coming back over the bridge.

The swim was crazy. The current took you point to point. You had no control. It was almost impossible to see with tinted goggles. I think I sighted more than any other race.

Definitely had an awesome time. Will be back next year, but better prepared.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B Athlete Tracking [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim was absolutely crazy. I'm not a very fast swimmer (around 35 min in a HIM in June), and my swim time was 47 minutes today.

The first part of the bike was miserable. I thought I was tough being from the north east and decided to forgo the gloves and arm warmers. I only raced in my tri suit - big mistake. I nearly called it quits around mile 40. There was close to a 20 mph headwind for about 2/3 of the bike leg and drizzle for the first half with temps around 50. At one point I think my arms started to turn a little blue and it was so cold I had to stop to get out nutrition because I lost dexterity in my hands. The sun began to come out by mile 65-70, which cheered me up a lot, and we also gained an advantage with a tail wind for the last 35 miles or so.

I came in at 9:52, good for 22nd overall in my first iron-distance race.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think they would have bike splits but at least their servers didn't crash.
Quote Reply