Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads
Quote | Reply
I'm home on fall break for today and tomorrow. I rode 2h15 this morning (Southwest Harbor to Bar Harbor and back) and have been doing offseason work for my summer camp all day. These are pictures from the day, some from the ride and some from "around town" that I thought you all might enjoy.

Fall break has been a lot of this (catnapping with the cat when I'm supposed to be writing my thesis):

I'll try to get some more from tomorrow's adventures - planning on a carriage trail run and a Loop Road ride. But I'm not really into the whole "stop and take pictures" thing when I'm trying to work out. And there is way to much island to get in two days ;-)

A stretch of island road:

This is also from the road and it's overlooking Somes Sound, the only natural fjord in North America.

Tree color:

More color:

Another stretch of road (Duck Brook Road)

Duck Brook Bridge - this leads to a carriage trail

Duck Brook itself

A carriage trail:

Four masted schooner in the harbor:

This is a flavor list from a local ice cream shop (MDI Ice Cream). I took this especially for Rappstar because they have "candied bacon" ice cream. Unlike the Lobster Ice Cream, which is a complete tourist trap from another ice cream place down the street, my suspicion is this stuff, if you like bacon, is probably good:

But it looks gross:

In all fairness, the picture came out yellow but it's white ice cream.

More tomorrow :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. It is pretty cool to be that close to the water and the ships. I'm pretty landlocked were I am.

As much as I hate the cold weather, it's a beautiful time of year ...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pics! Enjoy your break!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please send me some Blueberry Sour Cream Crumble... that sounds soooo gooood!!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bar Harbor,one of my favorite places to visit and ride. Since you're relatively close,You must go to Machias and have some blueberry pie at Helens.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Please send me some Blueberry Sour Cream Crumble... that sounds soooo gooood!!
It does, actually. I might get some tomorrow. Problem is it's quite pricy :P
The flavor I was eyeing was Dreamsickle. Wouldn't you expect that to be orange? I thought Dreamsickle was orange-vanilla creamy. It's purple.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ps if you come visit I will take you out for ice cream.

Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As much as I hate the cold weather, it's a beautiful time of year ...

Brad

We've had an Indian summer here since Saturday. I went in the lake after work today; it was still 80. (the air, not the water, obviously).
hope you're well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making me homesick...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
went to college there! awesome to see pics, thanks for posting. can't wait to get back for a (long) visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome...how about one for the climb up Cadillac?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice photos! September-October, best two months of the year to be on MDI. I used to live in Seal Harbor from May-October (not local like you, alas). Cadillac is amazing on those nice days.
Your e-accent is lagging though, that boat is a schoonah ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
ps if you come visit I will take you out for ice cream.
I'll hold you to that!! :-)
Is Vermont gonna hold 2012 USAT Nationals? (Can't justify the trip just on ice cream.... almost, though!)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Is Vermont gonna hold 2012 USAT Nationals?
----------------------------------------------------------------
according to the current plan it is on for about the same week-end as this year, which would be august 20something (or so), 2012. it was a great race this year: really well done.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is Vermont gonna hold 2012 USAT Nationals? (Can't justify the trip just on ice cream.... almost, though!)

I'm in MAINE!

More pics later - last night I went in the lake (not swimming, but just a dip, mostly because I could and I like the smell of lake water). This morning I ran 7 miles and I just got in from an 18 mile ride. One more night here, I'll drive back to school tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More pics of you in your pajamas please. Perhaps something from Victoria's Secret.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [TrueGrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice try.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know.. I KNOW!!! lol, but if I fly some 2000+ miles to race at Nationals, what's another 300 for some fine ice cream? That's worth it to me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful!! I love that area of the country, especially this time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got it.
we could swim, too, though swimming outdoors is not a novelty to you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes me want to move somewhere else again. Still yellow here. Today winter started. 39F this am. 80F this afternoon.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
about the same temps here. 45* and 75*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
god this is making me homesick.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall in Bar Harbor: pictures from my training roads [urbanlumberjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 2:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

I'm camp-sick. I want it to be summer again. Camp is more fun than thesis writing.

Quote Reply

Prev Next