Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Friendly Wager Ideas
Quote | Reply
I know this isn't too triathlon related, but does anyone have any good ideas for friendly wagers. My girlfriend and I have filled out March madness brackets and she wants to make a wager. I don't want boring, like the loser has to make dinner. A little public humiliation would be nice. I know you guys have some good ideas!
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [makahle1s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The loser has to read all the threads in the Lavender room, where this should be :)

One of the best wagers I won was "caddy for a round." The dude I beat had to be my caddy for a round of golf. Get the club I needed from my bag, put it back when done, clean after each use, I didn't have to walk back to cart to get a different club if needed, wash the ball at each tee box, hand me my drink if I needed a sip before tee off. It was fantastic. If you don't golf, make it tri/bike or run related. Nothing like always having a clean bike for races :)
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [athletewhotris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the best wagers I won was "caddy for a round."

Excellent idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is an 8 mile out and back run that is very visible in the area. Wager was who had better 10K time. Loser had to do run in speedo and tri top being followed by winner on mountain bike. Temp was mid 40s . Good time by all. (I won)
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [athletewhotris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Caddy" and "wager" immediately brought to mind the wager scene from Caddyshack. Five bucks says the kid picks his nose.... Another five bucks says he eats it!
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any time I see or hear anyone talking about "wagers" I think of The Office episode where everyone at the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin are making bets, one of which was to switch Creed's apple for a potato and to see if he would know the difference...I love it.

The caddy idea is epic, I'm absolutely going to do that.

< Quitting Isn't An Option >

Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious. I totally forgot about that scene! Ahhhh, now I can't wait until golf season... sigh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winner gets to bend the other in unimaginable ways. It is a win win situation for you. Probably what she is getting at anyway

Last edited by: bmanners: Mar 16, 11 7:13
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 this seems to be what my gf always eludes to when making bets.

bmanners wrote:
Winner gets to bend the other in unimaginable ways. It is a win win situation for you. Probably what she is getting at anyway

< Quitting Isn't An Option >

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was dating my current wife, we made a wager one time. We had been playing pool for years, and she routinely beat me every time. She'd run the table or I'd screw up and miss a shot, and she'd take the game. After about 2 years of this, one night she had a couple of martinis and started to talk smack to my friends about beating me. When I'd finally had enough, I asked her to play a game.

We warmed up a bit, and then we played our first game. I let her break, and when she didn't drop anything, I ran the table on her. She couldn't believe it, and insisted it was blind luck.

I said "Well, do you want to try again?"
She smirked and said "Sure. Want to make it interesting?"
I said "What do you have in mind?"
She said "You know that photo of the guys bent over their first car? If I win, I want that on the fireplace."
"OK" I said. "But if I win, you wash my truck....in your bikini....while I sit on the lawn....drinking margaritas".

Dead silence from the bar....In the background I heard "Dude! Dude....Video!!"

She says "Ok, you're on!"

This time, she didn't even get on the table.

A week later, it was a warm, sunny day, and I was sitting in my lawnchair, watching my future wife wash my truck by hand, while all the neighborhood boys stood in awe and kept asking me how I did it.

A day later, my best friend calls and she relates the story to him, and he asks, "Well, did he use his own cue?"
She skips a heartbeat "What do you mean? He owns HIS OWN CUE?!"

2 years, and she never asked me if I was any good....

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Last edited by: Hounddog: Mar 16, 11 7:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
makahle1s wrote:
I know this isn't too triathlon related, but does anyone have any good ideas for friendly wagers. My girlfriend and I have filled out March madness brackets and she wants to make a wager. I don't want boring, like the loser has to make dinner. A little public humiliation would be nice. I know you guys have some good ideas!

Loser has to do a triathlon this summer wearing high calf tube socks, keds sneakers, comfort bike with streamers, baggy trunks....and AERO helmet!
Quote Reply
Re: Friendly Wager Ideas [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jyeager wrote:
makahle1s wrote:

Loser has to do a triathlon this summer wearing high calf tube socks, keds sneakers, comfort bike with streamers, baggy trunks....and AERO helmet!

Even better.. loser has to do a triathlon wearing: compression socks, arm coolers, aero helmet, oakley sunglasses, aero top of the line bike, newest wetsuit, and vibrams. Or, the loser just has to get an ironman tattoo :)
Quote Reply