Trek Speed Concept 9.5

Trek Speed Concept 9.5 WSD

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike is beyond HOT.

I really want to take a up close look at the gear box, it looks really cool but I hope things wont rattle in there when riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's so pretty! Don't know how fast it is but it is yummy.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of wish I had waited 9 months longer to buy a new bike.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 7 series looks like an even better deal bang/buck

2500 for a super bike!? good bye cervelo, hello trek.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I like the looks of the old TTX better. I especially don't like the lunchbox behind the seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They won't rattle; the box has a little cloth pouch inside (maybe neoprene?) which looks like it'll hold everything in nice and tight. Watch the front page for a photo gallery of the details soon.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just finished playing with the Project One page and after selecting Di2, Aeolus 9.0 wheels and _coordinating_ colors for the tape and tires the final price was a semi-shocking $10,576.73. at least it looks awesome, price, not so awesome. then you still have to replace the saddle, and get pedals.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2eppx1z.jpg

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A "value" (cheap) Speed Concept 9 seems to be in the $5,000.00 range, so does that mean the frameset/module would be around $4,000.00?

I'm a fan of function and well thought out logic...I've never been a HUGE Trek fan, however I think they may be selling a lot of these. The bike is clean.

Seems like they spent the time to do it right by developing it for more than just the pro's, but rather spent the time to get it right for the audience...the consumer. Now this may be a far stretch, but Trek may just have evolved the TT/Triathlon market just like Apple did when they introduced the iPod.

I know...I know...hear me out...; from a consumer and simplistic view Trek seems to have taken the time to listen and understand their market the "best". They are now introducing a package that people are going to want to have or must have. It does not appear to limit itself to any one type of individual or setup (i.e. long & low or tall & narrow). It seems like the Specialized Shiv, Giant Trinity and Scott Plasma 3 along with the old, outdated Cervelo P4 only serve a limited audience, while the Trek is open to anyone.

I like my Cannondale Slice, but I want to find a way to add a Speed Concept to the garage, just because!

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." Po "The Dragon Warrior", Kung-Fu Panda
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [usctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have an idea if there are any wheel clearance issues with the new speed concepts?

I have a Sub 9 and also some Stinger 90s that I would like to fit to the new Trek.

Thanks- Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the bike is sick. I saw at the ToC TT and it is super clean. It makes the front ends of the Felt DA and even the Plasma 3 look primitive by comparison.

Some close-ups that I took:

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't find that to be shocking at all. Di2 is what 3K for the group? 2.5K for the wheels?....that leaves 5K for the frameset, which is comparable with the P4.

I was chatting with a rep from Scott and he said the Plasma 3 would be in the 4-5K range when it comes out.

That seems to be the going rate for the latest round of super-bikes. And there is no doubt that people will pay it. I've seen quite a few P4's around of late.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't help it; i'm a cheap b@stard. ;-)
i thought $2500 for a QR Caliente was a lot of money.

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great BUT there is a bit of exposed cable. I imagine the routing would just be to extreme to get 100% hidden. Maybe it would be possible with Di2?

In Reply To:
the bike is sick. I saw at the ToC TT and it is super clean. It makes the front ends of the Felt DA and even the Plasma 3 look primitive by comparison.

Some close-ups that I took:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still can't get over the lunchbox fairings on the ass. Granted, if I had a super aero place to store a spare or some other supplies I'd be grateful, but putting form over function I think it looks ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept 9 series [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't help it; i'm a cheap b@stard. ;-) i thought $2500 for a QR Caliente was a lot of money.

now you're sounding like my mother who likes to price everything in 1985 terms (what? i am NOT going to pay that much...a new car shouldn't be more than $18,000!) but i'm with you. i waited like a cheapskate and "stole" an old alu P3 off CL for less than a pair of new race wheels. reminds me of the early 90's when the hot bike was the all-new trek OCLV bikes. i was racing bud light san jose in '92 and remember passing, in my mind anyway, an "old rich guy" (probably my age now) with a $4000 bike and a $1000 set of wheels who had dismounted and was walking his bike up metcalf, the one steep hill on the bike course. the poor college student in me never forgot that even if you have the ride, you still gotta have the engine.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The aerobar extensions look a lot like Cobb's Wrist Relief:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply