Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [ArcticTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, ArcticTriGuy. No luck as of the moment as none are on sale presently. Anybody here tried contacting Fuji bikes? Would appreciate a lead on their customer contact info. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [shane.fedon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Shane: I have a similar problem, although not one involving cutting off the post, on the contrary, my dilemma concerns a need for a longer post.

I have just bought my 2011 D6 2.0 frameset from Fuji's dealer in the Philippines (size - Small - 52) and I was surprised to see that it came with the shorter (172mm) seatpost. Because of this, I cannot use the frame as my saddle height is 76.5mm (bb center to top of saddle).

I was advised by the dealer's bike mechanic that the longer seatpost will allow me to use the frame.

Would you know/can you refer me as to how I can source the said 212mm seatpost.
Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [macoy23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Yes...i agree the longer post should have been provided as well! but, Fuji should send you it, they are great like that. I would contact them--1.800.631.8474 their sale dept has a lot of great people working in it..they should be able to help...let me know though if you can't get thru, i can help! All my best, shane
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [shane.fedon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Shane! I look forward to going fast on the fast-looking machine you guys designed!
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [macoy23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an extra Fuji D6 seatpost of that length if you're still looking.
I posted it in the classifieds (slowtwitch) quite some time ago.
No interest then.
-FR
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for replying, Y-Tri. I was, however, able to secure one already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the shorter seatpost?
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [Change123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you cut?
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [andrewhorvath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to drag this thread into 2012.
I am looking at buying a Fuji D6 and the stack/reach for the 50 cm size are quite similar to my current bike (planet x stealth xs - 650c)

My issue is the seat height. My current set up is 62cm between the bottom bracket and the seat rails.(adamo ISM saddle)
The vendor tells me the minimum distance on the 50cm frame he has is 64cm.

Would this therefore be the shorter seatpost unit?
What is the minimum this frame can get down to with or without cutting the seat post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there. I know this is way after your post, but I am searching for a 'short seat post sleeve' for a 2012 D-6 Special Edition frame. The only thing 'special' about the sleeve other than being the shorter version of the 212mm sleeve is that the finish is matte black with no graphics. Is your sleeve still available? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What color is your seat mast mine is red with carbon color i need a short seat mast may be we could trade if yours is still available thanks ps from phil
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [tmdmw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was wondering how your friend cut his seat mast could you post a picture if possible thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [D6kev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking for the shorter seat post if anyone can help. I am not able to cut my mast because the set screws would be tightened on the carbon rather than the metal plate.
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [sharad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,
Can anyone tell me what is the max hight limit on saddle hight for a D6 56seat post and 55.5 top tube, the bike came with a 160mm seat mast but his saddle hight is 82/82.5, long legs short torso, just wondering where the max mark is on the seat mast, it looks to me like a 160mm that's on it, it's for a club mate that is looking at the bike but wants to be sure it will fit him,

Cheers Zipp,
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I have a similar problem. I have a 2011 Fuji D6 3.0 with a seatpost that is too long. Mine is roughly 200mm I believe and my seat is about 4 cm too high. Anybody still have a seatpost that will work for me or an opinion on what I should do?

2011 Fuji D6 3.0
2012 Specialized Allez
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [Change123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone show tell me how to put the seatpost back together when installing a saddle.. I can not seem to get it together properly
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [smoothie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smoothie7 wrote:
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I have a similar problem. I have a 2011 Fuji D6 3.0 with a seatpost that is too long. Mine is roughly 200mm I believe and my seat is about 4 cm too high. Anybody still have a seatpost that will work for me or an opinion on what I should do?

i've cut mine. twice. no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting seatpost on Fuji D6 [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as both the clamp bolts are on the metal that is on the back of the mast it is all good. They do make a 200mm seat post if you need taller.
Quote Reply

Prev Next