Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Identify this PT
Quote | Reply
I've looked all over the net and can't find it anywhere...
I put powertap 2.4+ in google and it got me nowhere..
If you know what it is please reply with a link...
Thx in advance..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever! --The Replacements
Last edited by: WxGuy: Dec 17, 09 17:58
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [WxGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like a red X to me

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the image is working here.... can everyone else see it? does me no good if you all just see a red x...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it cuz it linked to a site that you have to sign in to.

When I copy/paste the link that's what the site says.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fixed?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I can see it, sorry I can't ID it :(

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like at 2007/2008 Powertap SL2.4 which is the first wireless PT. It looks just like my PT SL, though without the 2.4.
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this one is completely wireless. only head unit and hub... I was surprised that it measures cadence without anything attached to the crank...what's strange about it is that i can't find it anywhere online....
can someone tell me where to measure to find "axle size" if it's older it should be 12mm... next task...get tape measure..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC they went from one wireless model in 2007? to the six or seven they have now. All Powertaps can display a cadence without a cadence sensor, they figure it out by watching the surges in power and map those to a pedal stroke.
I think you can just ask Saris customer support and they can tell you what this is, possibly the serial number is accessible under the battery cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
IIRC they went from one wireless model in 2007? to the six or seven they have now. All Powertaps can display a cadence without a cadence sensor, they figure it out by watching the surges in power and map those to a pedal stroke.
I think you can just ask Saris customer support and they can tell you what this is, possibly the serial number is accessible under the battery cover.

I emailed them Monday. The site said they'd try to reply in 3 business days... No reply yet..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just, call 'em. Saris seems to be much better over the phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks exactly like mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
looks exactly like mine.
could you let me know your model version?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like mine too. I have the PT SL 2.4. I think it means you have an older 2.4 updated to be ANT+ compatible.

Here's the manual for mine. http://www.saris.com/pdfManuals/252.pdf

You can buy a $100 upgrade to make it ANT+ compatible with Garmin's and other computers so you don't have to use the PT computer. When you do that, the 2.4 becomes the 2.4+ and they send you a new plastic cover for the hub along with the update tool so you know it has been updated. It becomes the SL+ or SLC+ I'm not sure which, haven't been keeping up.
Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [ghc19127] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, think it is the 2007 or 2007 PT SL 2.4 that someone has either upgraded or stuck a new hub cover on it to claim it was upgraded (I know, that's a little untrusting there).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2.4+ is our first generation wireless hub, the SL 2.4, upgraded to ANT+.

It utilizes a 12mm alloy axle/free hub body and carbon/alloy shell for a 416 gram hub weight.

The 2.4+ is a current model offered in wheels from Mavic, Zipp, Bontrager and Saris......

Jesse Bartholomew

Quote Reply
Re: Identify this PT [powertap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The 2.4+ is our first generation wireless hub, the SL 2.4, upgraded to ANT+.

It utilizes a 12mm alloy axle/free hub body and carbon/alloy shell for a 416 gram hub weight.

The 2.4+ is a current model offered in wheels from Mavic, Zipp, Bontrager and Saris......

Thx Jesse... I guess that ends this topic...

So it's safe to say this is now an SL 2.4+ 12mm 416 gram hub

Quote Reply