Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

thanks for a great product fleck!
Quote | Reply
my pipeline full suit came in this evening from triathletesports.com, and i'm pleased as punch! it's not my first wetsuit (wore them in my dinghy sailing days, 'cause lake ontario is COLD), but it's the most comfortable one i've ever owned!

ordering online from the size chart, i took a risk on the WS at 5'8", about 138lbs (which is 8lbs high for the chart), approx. 34" bust, 27" waist, 35" hips, wider than the average girl through the shoulders, with long legs and almost no torso to speak of. it's a great snug fit, but not restrictive, and the stretchsilk gussets are brilliant! i wouldn't want it any tighter, but i don't think i'd want it any looser, either. for being the least stretchy neoprene of your product line, the size chart does have some forgiveness to it!

^^ a little grainy without flash

i might even venture out and give it a go in the water this weekend, if it turns out a little warmer in southern ontario than they're predicting at the moment ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: May 15, 09 18:31
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very brave of you..never seen anybody post pics of themselves on ST!! btw..you look good!
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [scj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! :)

yeah, i guess the pics aren't really ST approved 'cause i'm not on my bike asking if my position needs tweaking! ;)

i'm used to a moto forum where if you don't post photos, it doesn't exist/never happened...besides, how are the other ST members in my area going to recognize me to ridicule me at events if they don't know what i look like? *lol*

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Consider actually testing the product before posting how great it is. No one will argue - Nineteen produces a great line of wetsuits... however each brand fits differently. Wait until you've actually swam in the wetsuit... then decide how great and comfortable it feels.
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so far just posting about how a chancy fit worked out well, and i can move my arms & legs freely even without the loosening effects of immersion.

not gonna use it in the pool, so it might take me awhile to do more in-depth (har har har) testing, as it's looking like under 60 degree air temps for this weekend (13-14c), with water temps in the high 40's/low 50's (10c or less). when i've done some swimming in it, i'll come back and post results in the same thread. if i hate it, i'll be honest. if i still like it, i'll be honest. where's the harm? :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
well, i had the opportunity to get in the water in the suit today, and i'm even more impressed!

got a little bit of water down the back of my neck, but only a small amount. no funnelling sensation, and the suit is amazingly buoyant! i usually sink like a stone, but could actually float with very minimal effort.

the stretch panels in the shoulders do their job admirably. very little additional shoulder fatigue over swimming in a regular bathing suit, very warm, very comfortable, and VERY fast! due to the tight fit, it takes a lot of putting on, but comes off in a snap - maybe 15-20sec to get it stripped off, and it's only the second time i've done it.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
8/10

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So with the tight rubbery outfit, the weaponry on the wall, and the motorcycle, it seems that you've got most of what you need to be a crime-fighting action hero. Shame that you've messed up the whole "secret identity" part already. Hope you're prepared for a visit by evil henchmen.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
8/10
you flatter me! i'm only a 6 at best, in a good light ;)

xraycharlie, what makes you think i'd be FIGHTING crime? :p

bring on the henchmen...the weapons on the wall are less than 1/10th of our edged arsenal, plus there are 3 paintball guns, 2 pellet pistols, and any number of blunt objects. our home is nigh invulnerable, which is precisely the way i want it in case of zombie outbreak!

cheers!

-mistress "a sword never needs reloading" k

Quote | Reply
The goal of this post may not have been a "critique my stroke" but your head is too high when it is in the water which is probably why you "sink like stone". Seriously this isn't a classic your seat is too high response, get more of your head down into the water (it seems like you are trying to look too far forward and not enough down) and it will pull your legs up. I'm willing to bet your neck gets a bit tired or sore, it is from trying to hold your head up. FYI - I'm not a coach or swim expert, but that is what my eyes are telling me.
Last edited by: Sshoreli: May 24, 09 19:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got any superpowers? I can make songs come on the radio just by thinking about them. Haven't quite developed it to the point of being able to begin my reign of terror yet. ("Give me ten billion dollars, unless you want to hear Macarena on every station forever!!!")

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still concerned about the non-aero multiple earrings, K :)

C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks real nice. Just a word of caution, be careful that you don't get any cigarette or doobie burns on your new wetsuit.

Doing that could really hurt your hydrodynamic advantage that you have going.
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [Sshoreli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought exactly the same thing but was too lazy to reply at the moment...
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [scj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very brave of you..never seen anybody post pics of themselves on ST!! btw..you look good!

This may be a first for ST - a critique my wetsuit fit post. For a product that is all about fit, I am surprised that there have not been more posts like this! :)

Misstressk - thanks for posting this up.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, i had the opportunity to get in the water in the suit today, and i'm even more impressed!
--------------------------------------
Suit looks like a good fit and worked out well in the water. How cold was the water?

BTW: nice of you to give a positive nod to Fleck and Nineteen.

One more thing, cool/interesting web site. I like both of your bikes :)

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: May 25, 09 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [Sshoreli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The goal of this post may not have been a "critique my stroke" but your head is too high when it is in the water which is probably why you "sink like stone". Seriously this isn't a classic your seat is too high response, get more of your head down into the water (it seems like you are trying to look too far forward and not enough down) and it will pull your legs up. I'm willing to bet your neck gets a bit tired or sore, it is from trying to hold your head up. FYI - I'm not a coach or swim expert, but that is what my eyes are telling me.

this was unique to that particular session, and not only did i know it while i was in the water, i realised how bad it was when i saw the photos.

when i say i sink like a stone, i don't mean my legs sink (just that i sink overall due to fairly dense body composition) - the back of my butt is usually just above water level when i'm in the pool, and the soles of my feet will periodically come up above the surface in my kick. however, the pool isn't full of green gook - i was uncomfortable putting my face in deeply because of the rampant weed and algae growth. it was also my first time attempting sighting, so i may also have been thrown off my adding additional head movements during my stroke. it's something i need to work on, yes. that's why i'm getting some practice in :)

xraycharlie, if i told you my superpowers, i'd have to kill you! :p

cassie, it would take me longer to take them out that it did to get the wesuit on! *lol*

fleck, i thought it might help some other people who are on the edges of the fitting charts to know there's some wiggle room there. not to mention that the suit is very well made - the seam treatment is excellent, particularly the reinforcements where multiple seams come together. despite having been less than careful with my fingernails at a couple of points, i have yet to put a mark in the neoprene, so it certainly seems to have been built to last!

longboarder, i couldn't really call it cold - was close to 21c/70f, surprisingly enough. i felt silly for having earplugs in! thanks for the kind words on the site/bikes :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: May 25, 09 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The desert dude guy Brian Stover I think could have posted some pics of his wetsuits tests. i went to his website a few times to look around also but not many images.

Mind you i seem to like pretty visual websites.

MistressK sounds like one of those 'bondage and discipline names. Sure those swords must come in handy. If the wetsuit wasn't the right fit you could always cut a few patch out of it to use for the 'B & D' sessions.
Just joking above. Really it is a great review, 'just tuck than chin in and you will be flying.

G.
www.TriathlonShots.com

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: thanks for a great product fleck! [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the name has more to do with personality than bedroom pursuits...though i will say i do know how to have fun with my husband ;)

yep, just gotta steel my nerves to getting covered in green floating goo and give'er! will be trying to get out again this weekend (for a longer session) and concentrate on getting my chin down and rolling my hips more. this past weekend was more or less just a 20-min "feel it out" experimental dip :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
fleck, i thought it might help some other people who are on the edges of the fitting charts to know there's some wiggle room there. not to mention that the suit is very well made - the seam treatment is excellent, particularly the reinforcements where multiple seams come together. despite having been less than careful with my fingernails at a couple of points, i have yet to put a mark in the neoprene, so it certainly seems to have been built to last!

Thank you. Good points.

It's always hard convincing people to go down a size when slightly over the upper limit, but for more than a few this is the right thing to do. In reality, there are two wetsuit fits - the Performance Fit and the Comfort Fit. Left up to their own devices, and without the input of someone very knowledgeable about wetsuits, most people buy the Comfort Fit. The down side of this is that they may be giving up on some free speed in the water.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply