Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use these... http://www.zensah.com/...recovery-sleeve.html ?

If so, what's your experience with them? Do they provide noticeable compression? How do they stand up to daily training (and the frequent washings that go with it)?

Thanks.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear by them for my training runs over 8 miles. I recover so much faster if I use them. This Sunday I did a very hilly 13.5 miles and today (monday) I felt like I had run a little bit but not sore at all.

Yes, you can feel the compression, they are a bitch to get on over your heels. I don't wash them after every run, maybe every third run. I just hand wash them in a little gentle sports wash ans hang them up to dry.

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have some cheapy compression socks. And, I, too, am sold on the benefit. That's why I'm looking to "upgrade" to something that will (hopefully) be a little more durable.

Have you had to long enough (or washed them enough) to be able to comment on their durability?

Steve

Steve

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the 2xu brand and the zensah. I like the zensah quite a bit more than the 2xu. I wash mine on cold and low in the heat in the dryer. YES-I know you are supposed to hand wash. I am to lazy. The zensah also runs about 12.00 bucks cheaper.

"The only easy day was yesterday"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running in them for about 4 months now. Washed about 10 times I would say, they still look and feel new. They have never been in a machine or a dryer though.

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them and been extremely happpy with them, use them on most of my runs and all of my hard rides. Its nice to have the option to wear any socks I want and race in them and not having to fight with them in transition!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I echo most of the comments so far. I also have both Zensah and 2XU... I like the look of 2XU better, but the Zensah ones feel better... thicker or stronger compression if you understand what I'm saying.

I also feel they help recovery greatly for long runs. I try not to use them though in training, only for racing.

One thing though, I've worn them (and recover pants from 2XU) on airplanes and they actually make my legs SWELL. I think this is because there is no compression on my feet, only on the calf and it restricts bloodflow back when stagnant on an airplane.

Or maybe it's nothing... or just me. It only happend 2 times.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.â€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have these but I hear they are the best: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28527841?gt1=43001

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only run in them but I'm going to see how I feel after a long bike in them too very soon. On the plane I wear Mantyhose. I get all the benfits of compression stockings and I feel a little dirty/naughty at the same time :) Just kidding of course, not that there's anything wrong with that, right? I do really like to be able to wear my favorite socks (injinji 5 toe socks) for long runs and the calf sleeves allows that.

Dave

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a good product. A year ago my 110 lbs. Black lab decided to crash into my left shin (still wondering why) while walking on the beach. I kept running on it and it got worse and worse to the point I went to get an Xray. I was told to not run for a few weeks. I didn't run for a week, ordered (1) Zensah sleeve and started running with it. When I ran with it I was pain free. Without it my inner shin would start throbbing. After 3 months of runnning with it I could eventually run without, but all I can say is that I'm a fan. Wash easily and no issue. I found from a compression standpoint they performed better the fresher they were. Go to their website and I believe the can be machine washed. http://www.zensah.com/washing-care.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried the 2XU as well as Zensah, and feel that the Zensah are more effective (possibly due to the difference in structure between front to back?)
HOWEVER, I have only used them for recovery purposes, and that is mostly sleeping with them every night. I will sometimes wear them under pants during the day if I have compromised the calves the day or two before. I have never used them during training, as I worry that my calves might become "dependent" upon the sleeves and subsequently react poorly if I then train without them. I suspect that is a dopey thought -- but it's one that I cannot quite shake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to second karma on this point, Zensah calf compression sleeves with Injinji 5 toe socks are the best long run setup I have ever found. I rock the Sugoi R+R socks for recovery, but for the long runs I love having independant toes. My Zensah's are not that tight (it seems that the old size S/M is larger than the newer S/M) and I worried at first that they would not be enough compression to help, but they are great. I only wear them on my longest and hardest runs (which I do not do enough of) so that my calves will not become dependant on them, so mine do not have that much wear yet, but no durability issues thus far.

Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [j-hud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked out there website, they look great but, there's no sizing chart.

Proudly sponsored by Orleans Cycles, Turbo Cranks, and the csdceo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wore them during Silverman, snazzy red ones - only part of my body that wasn't beyond pain at the end was from below my knee to my ankle. I have a argyle Beaker pair, Sugoi R+R and 2XU socks for recovery as well as the 2XU sleeves and full tights. I do most of my long run training in them. The 2XU sleeves I have are really, really tight. The Zensah's are comfortably tight and thicker. I sleep in the tights and socks most of the time and sometimes wear socks under pants. I wash mine plenty and they seem to be doing ok.

Whether it can be scientifically proven or not, I don't care. Even if it's only placebo, I'm not a super-skinny person and my body takes a beating when I run, I'll take any help I can get. Obviously, as I've sunk some $ into the gear.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no experience with the Zensah's...but I've had a lot of success using the SLS3 brand socks and the Skins compression tights (the Active, not the Recovery). They have definitely helped me.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve,
What's up, bud! On your topic, I wore them LY for IMCdA after having a calf tweak early last year....I out them on in T1 and wore them both on th bike and run. Did it help? Not sure but I had a decent day and had no calf issues.
I had used the SL3 socks for TTT for the same (save my calfs from any further injury) reason and I didn't like compressing my feet that much.....and I really like mu Injini socks....with the Zensah sleeve I get the compression and the ability to wear socks I like too! I have had mine since May last year and they still look new despite being used a bunch and washed thereafter!

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had that happen after doing a 30 hour adventure race and putting them on to aid recovery. I normally get cankles for a day or so after long races, so it wasn't a big shock to have it happen wearing them. I bought a pair of Zoot Recovery tights and pop those on after races and sleep in them. The recovery tights go about have way down my foot, so they cover the ankle and have no cankles wearing them after long races. I still love my Zensah Calf wraps though. I usually wear them under my pants during the day and to race with. I had a bad case of PF this summer and they "seemed" to really help me get rid of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [DirtGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered some Zensah. I have several pairs of drug store varieties but they have feet in them and that drives me nuts. I also have the De Soto but they don't have enough compression for me. I'll hang on to them and maybe use them during runs but for recovery I'm hoping my pink Zensah will be tighter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, where is everyone getting theirs?

They seem to run $40/pair everywhere. I know GoTriSports has a 15% discount code for ST. But, unfortunately, they're out of the Black L/XL.

Does Zensah offer an ST discount or ???

Steve

Steve

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trisports.com has them. 39.95 usa code ARUT-S for ten percent off
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure this is the same thing for $20 at shop.com. Let me know if this is different from the compression sleeve.

http://www.shop.com/...ve-73218320-p!.shtml
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [ForceFed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those look exactly like the same thing. That is a great price. Seems really cheap?
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are two different products...check out http://www.zensah.com/sportsmedicine.html.

They have both products side by side. One is $20 and one is $40.
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Leg (Calf) Sleeves...? [TNAP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful - the $20 one is ONE sleeve. For $40 you get two. I made the mistake a few weeks ago thinking I was getting a deal! Ended up having to order a second and paid shipping again!
BTW, I love them. Ordered a second pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Zensah compression, I've machine washed them used the dryer, no problem. I had them for over a year, I don't run over 8 miles without. Great value....
My 2 cents
Quote Reply

Prev Next