Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [ATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the P2 '08 better than the P3 '08 paint job. I have 07 P3c, and I am glad. There is too much going on with the paint on the 08. Sometimes less is more. I love my P3, it fricken rocks.

Thanks for the great photos! Joe
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [Joe K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, way too much going on with the paint on the P3. What are they trying to hide?

I'd like to see an all black one, but that's me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look great. The P3c has a problem though, it has serious competition - from the P2c. Thats a great looking bike and I'm wondering if both models can remain competitive when both are of high quality engineering.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P2C is for the thinking triathlete and the 3 for the pimping triathlete ;-)

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [B Seges] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My assumption is that by painting the bike you save money on the decorative coat and this area must have an amazing complex laying up mould process. You have to cover it up with something though. I agree with you, 3 colours is a bit much. A black one with the red flash on the front would have looked great but then it's all subjective isn't it !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I LOVe those wheels!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, black with white letters.

Where have I seen that...?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
color as so subjective like you said, it s impossible to please everyone. I for one, dont like quiet bike... it need to be funky and flash... and the p3c this year is all that. it s cool!

but the p2c is even better paint job wise...look sharp!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
(Ultegra P2C) 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [tringo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you say P2C Ultegra......Look what I have :) MERRY CHRISTMAS from Don and Missy!

-Adam

http://www.austintricyclist.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/austintricyclist
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ATCTriShop

Last edited by: ATC: Dec 12, 07 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: (Ultegra P2C) 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [ATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice, Would like to see it when it is all built up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mind if I check the air pressure on those tires?
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don, is the fork on the 07 same as 08, I just got an 07 frameset at 1/3 off and I was really looking forward to building it but if the forks are different I may now commence the buyer's remorse :-(

Jim_n_La
...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but only until it kills you - Cousin Elwood
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [Jim_n_La] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
remorse about a fork???? you mean the thing that hold the front wheel? hummm, i always think i was a bike geek...but not to the point to care about the fork!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, Don was the one who dis'n the old raggedly 06 fork, however I have been accused of being obsessive, maybe I should take a nap?

Jim_n_La
...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but only until it kills you - Cousin Elwood
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no... i m obsessive with a lot of stuff! but lets put it in perspective. You probably have the Wolf TT. That was good enough for CSC ride in the TT of the tour de france 06 and for professional cycling to win 50% of all the Time trial everywhere. So, i would like to make you feel good about your purchase and say that you are all set for a great season!!!!!!!!!!! From my understanding, there is no a better choice. the CL and SL but still...they are all amazing fork to start with!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right I feel better already, I really like the blue frame altho' I'm warming up to the 'new' red, black and white. And as a matter of fact, I am looking forward to next season!

Jim_n_La
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They DO exist!!! The only one I've seen was in the picture books... NOW, real person is holding a REAL ONE!!! Mine better be here soon, I don't do envy very well!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When the quantum leap P3C came out, P3SL's held up nicely on their resale value (and still do).
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If someone wants to unload their gently used P3SL I am looking for a size 52 with 700c wheels. Frame/fork alone would be great, but I'd consider a complete bike.

Otherwise I will be seriously tempted to pick up a P2C in the next few months, assuming they're available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

"I'm not going to have reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
-Hillary Clinton

The answer to "1984" is 1776.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for updating the pic of the Ultegra P2C. It looks suweet! I could not find a pic on the cervelo website. I thought I saw from earlier posts the p2c ultegra was going to be white with gray accents? The frame pictured is much much nicer then the white version.

Again Thanks,
RF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike looks even better in person. The picture does not do it justice.

However, that's the best Don is ever going to look. :) smiley face attached

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: (Ultegra P2C) 2008 Cervelos- Out the door [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem, the Cervelo website profiles the White/Red DA model... you have to scroll down towards the very end to get a hint of what the Ultegra model would look like... I had a cycling friend who searched the WWW to find me a nice detail pic of the Ultegra model. I emailed Cervelo and told them to give the Ultegra a better pic... but, that never happened... thank goodness for folks who attend EuroBike, InterBike, and other trade shows and post digital pics for us to FIND!!!

Still looking for my BIKE!!!! I can't concentrate on anything else except GETTING MY BIKE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P2C's (and P3C's) have basically been shipping with only two forks since 2005.
Early on, it was the Wolf TT.
In 2007 they started shipping with the Wolf CL.

Just weighed 3 uncut Cervelo forks:

Wolf TT = 590gr
Wolf CL = 480
Wolf SL = 340

Also:
The old Wolf E fork = 360
Easton EC90 Aero = 350

So the TT weighs more but Gerard has assured me as to its aeroness.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next