Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by FloridaisFlat
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [FloridaisFlat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlete mag and their website are a better publication than most people give them credit for. I agree. Good coverage.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The competition's not that strong...

I love the link on Inside Tri's "Kona Predictions from the Inside Triathlon Staff" . It's got a byline of Oct 8th, but has been dead since it appeared on the 7th. I click on it every day to see if they'll ever wake up.
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [Tom Fort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any chance this is on cable..?? would be more comfy on the couch then in front of the computer, may just need to move the couch in a different room...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i notice this is your first post, and your email address is triathletemagweb@gmail.com. what do you do for them?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously he DOESN'T run the live IMHI coverage...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race day coverage is handled pretty well by ironmanlive.com.

I would like to know how Inside Triathlon can get their Kona issue on the newstands usually no longer than 3 weeks after the race, but it takes Triathlete about 8 weeks or longer to do the same.

What's the deal?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the words of Demerly: HUGE!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

The post was made by a talented new editor on our staff, a young man that loves the sport and we're proud to have him working for us. However, his post was a royal screw-up and he knows he screwed up.

My apologies for the messing with the integrity of the forum.

Best regards

T.J. Murphy
Editor-in-chief
Triathlete Magazine
tjmurphy@triathletemag.com
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [T.J. Murphy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ we love you. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey T.J.

I really like the redesign of the magazine. Kristin et al. have done a great job. And the coverage of OZ and NZ is really cool.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks buddy. Keep up the great work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He should have just id'd himself and said "check out all of our new Kona content every day."

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the kind words, Cathy. I'll pass the kudos on to Kristin.

Best regards,
T.J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never read Triathlete mag, but I liked your rapid "sorry", so I decided to try your mag for one year and subscribed 10min ago :-)

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if he remains an editor on your staff, what does that say about the integrity of your magazine? maybe it's just advertising and not journalism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 "his post was a royal screw-up and he knows he screwed up."

He should be forced to wear a tee shirt for one week that says..."P.M.F.U."... (Pardon My Fuck Up)
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [pat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It says nothing about the integrity of a company or a magazine if one individual does something along those lines. The internet and forum world is still a mysterious thing for many folks and early on they just don't realize that they are not as anonymous as they think they are. :-)

Herbert

In Reply To:
if he remains an editor on your staff, what does that say about the integrity of your magazine? maybe it's just advertising and not journalism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if the employee intends to mislead and the employer keeps that person, it speaks volumes about their integrity. nothing too mysterious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let's give the young gent a break. there was nothing nefarious. and the folks at triathlete magazine don't have to prove their honor. they're good people and have been for a long time.

and they're not afraid to fire people. they've fired me twice ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too harsh.

Grant

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do hear what you say, but based on your commentary or that logic, many companies represented in various forums should let go of all kinds of employees and sometimes even of their owners.

So that is really not realistic and as someone else said, too harsh.

It is an error in judgment, nothing else.
Last edited by: Herbert: Oct 12, 07 7:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The young editor's name is Brad Culp. I just want to say a few words about him. I'm sure some of you know Tim Carlson of Inside Tri. Tim is great at what he does, in part, because of how much he loves the sport. In the years I've been involved in triathlon media, I feel that this rare quality---shared by names like Cam Elford, Rich Cruse, Amy White, Jay Prasuhn, your hosts here at Slowtwitch and a few others---is invaluable to our publications, both online and in print. I think Dan and Herbert will attest to this. I want you all to know that Brad is a true-blue triathlon fanatic. Like Carlson, he can amaze you with his recall of race stats and other tri-related minutia. He loves to train and loves to race, and unlike most tri editors who hop on the starting line from time to time, yours truly included, Brad is actually pretty good (keep an eye on him at Ironman Florida next month). He's a good kid and I hope you all get a chance to meet him at a future race.
Last edited by: T.J. Murphy: Oct 12, 07 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mr. murphy, unrelated to this thread, but how would you like to save thousands of trees? and reduce a lot of CO2 emissions?

because if you price your digital download (dd) version of your magazine significantly less than the paper version (last i checked, the dd price = paper price), many more subscribers will sign up for your 'dd only' subscription.

the better you price your dd version relative to the price of your paper version, the more subscribers will switch to the 'dd only' subscription (with the prices the same, as they are now, there is simply no incentive for a subscriber to switch). if you change the pricing this way, this will be the result:

-- a few dollar savings for your subscribers who take the leap to your 'dd only' subscription (good for the biz, more money they will spend on races and tri gear)

-- big savings for your company as you massively reduce printing and mailing costs

-- huge reduction in forests converted to magazines

-- huge in CO2 emissions due to energy saving via no printing and less fuel to transport magazines all across the nation (and world).

how about it, sir ?

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: GregX: Oct 12, 07 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: triathletemag.com's Kona coverage [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but how does one read a digital download while on the crapper?

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply

Prev Next