Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody here running in Vitruvians?
Quote | Reply

I was checking out the vitruvian running shoes, they seem pretty cool because they are fairly simple and dont add on the extra$$$ to support a marketing/advertising campaign. Is anybody here training or racing in these? I have honestly never known anybody who has ever had a pair. Im thinking of getting a pair because I need new trainers and the vitruvians are only 60.00. Shipping is free in the U.S. also, so thats pretty sweet.

www.vitruvianrunning.com

Last edited by: IRONLOBO: Jul 24, 07 21:21
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here running in Vitruvians? [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of the classics that are on sale for $30. They are fine shoes, especially for the price. I only run in them about 20% of my runs (all trails) as I swap out among a few other pairs of Asics. They seem on par with the Asics, but have a different feel. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at giving shoe reviews. The best I can say is give them a try (the sale ones for sure).

I actually like them for racing sockless. Very comfortable.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRONLOBO, I run exclusively in Vitruvian Proportion IIs. I've tried all kinds of different shoes and gave these a shot.....best shoes I've ever used. My lower leg pain/injuries have pretty much gone away, much of it due to these shoes. Of course, everyone is different but my opinion is they're at least worth a shot. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My team is sponsored by Vitruvian, and we sell them at the bike shop I work at. I'll be honest, they dont sell well, but they are very nice shoes. I have had many pairs of them, and they are really nice shoes. Definately worth trying out at such a cheap price.

The guy that owns Vitruvian was one of the head shoe designers at Nike back in the day when Nike was an actual shoe company, and not a marketing company, so he knows his stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fiance loves hers - she's been doing 20-25 mile weeks in them for a year now.

I tried them, didn't like them as much as my other shoes (Asics, Nike Frees) but they were certainly better than most other things I've tried.

They make fantastic $30 gym shoes, if nothing else. I'd definitely give them a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with MATTI. I used to run in NB, but over the last 2 years, I have transitioned to solely running in the Proportions. These are the best shoes I have ever used, and you can't beat the price.

I called to order a pair and was told that they do not have a pair that would fit my foot type and that I shouldn't purchase a pair.

That speaks pretty well of them, I think...

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 2nd pair. First ones were the $30 closeouts (you can't beat that with a stick) I got back in '05, and I paid "full boat" ($60, free shippping) for this season's pair.

I like them. I particularly like them for running when it's raining, as they seem to get a lot less soggy and waterlogged than any of my other shoes.
They also seem to last longer than most other shoes.

You can call the owner and ask him which style and size to get based on whatever you are running in now.

I haven't and wouldn't race in 'em (they're a tad on the heavier side, although they "run light" when on your feet), but for training they are perfect.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here running in Vitruvians? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder Mike...I have not ran in mine for several months, but I believe it is time to break them out next week! Train heavy...race light!

I am convinced however, if he actually made a racing version, they would sell crazy fast for both training and racing...even a lighter weight trainer would go a long way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a pair of the Harmony model in December 2006. I run on them maybe once a week as part of my normal shoe rotation (no one shoe I've ever found does everything right, so I rotate usually three brands/models, right now the list is: Vit Harmony, Puma Prevail and Fila Asylum).

Initially I had some soreness on the right achilles due to the large amount of padding in the collar, but 10 minutes of surgery with a seam ripper and that was eliminated. They do "feel light" as others say, and appear to be extremely durable; my pair has 200 miles on them and they show zero signs of wear, most other shoes show at least some wear on the outside of the heel at that point. The outsole probably accounts for most of the weight, as it is a thick, heavy thing, which I surmise will make them last 1000+ miles for me. One of their claims is that the one-piece outsole is a good thing since it won't fall apart at the seams and I would go along with that, having had other shoes come apart mid-foot at that point.

They feel a bit stiff at first, but they give good protection and don't feel too hard on 8-10+ mile runs (I've never done anything long in them). They are very good in rough stuff and have excellent traction in slippery conditions, I wore them last winter in 4-6" snow, slush and icy conditions.

Overall I like them as much as any other shoe, and for the price I like them even more than anything else I've found. They won't replace my stable of shoes, but they certainly will remain in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

HTH,
Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've runned exclusively in Vitruvians for the last two years. When I started, my feet were very close to a terminal state of abuse. The Vitruvians straightened out a lot of that. They also helped me return to mid foot striking.

Being a bit on the smaller side, I also get about six hundred miles out per pair. Chuck LaBonte at Vitruvian isn't particularly too happy about that point, but he is a great person to talk to about running shoe issues.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here running in Vitruvians? [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The proportion IIs are what I was looking at, for 60.00 I think im going to order them and check them out, thanks everybody!!!

-adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I currently have six pairs of vitruvians in the garage and another two pairs on the way, I've run in pretty much nothing else for over two years. (I say pretty much nothing else, I recently got a pair of race flats of a different brand, but I feel better/faster in the vitruvians so the race flats are now "casual shoes").

Most of my vitruvians(4) are Proportion II two pairs are Proportion, I much prefer the proportion II less heal height, they just feel nicer and flow better when running.

Since switching to vitruivians I've also had no injuries, talk to / email vitruvian and get there advice there incredible helpful.
Quote Reply