Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Show me your SRM Install Pics
Quote | Reply
I have read several posts in favor of the SRM powermeter. I have searched the forum for install pics of the SRM Powercontrol with aerobars. I understand that it is easeir to install on a HED or Oval type aerobars (please send pics of these installation as well, I may end up going down that route if I can't the clean installation that I am looking for with my current bars) set because of the ability to have the aerobars wide enough for the powercontrol and the open bar space for placement. However, I am looking to keep my current bars, Vision Tech base bar and R-bends, what options are out there for installation considering the space constraints around the stem and aerobars? I have seen Gary's install pics but I am looking for an installation that keeps the powercontrol in a more visable location. I see that challenge as being how to attach the powercontrol to the base bar/stem and placement over the aerobars. I ordered a Powertap SL 2.4 but I am considering returning it in favor of the SRM so that I can swap out wheels. Thanks.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m%20aerobars;#392274

JV

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your SRM Install Pics [sub3run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for the left coasters....

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any pics, but I just tape my PC across my S-bend extensions right at the base. I don't train as much on my TT bike so I haven't ever needed to find a permanent solution. This method works nicely, and I haven't had any problems with it so far.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I feel like it's gonna be a pain to install mine.

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to clean up my cabling and trim my fork at the moment so no way I'm posting a pic for a week or so ;))
Seriously, though, I've done two things that worked OK. I used to have a custom piece that replaced one of my spacers (above the stem, obviously) and had a delrin wedge just like the one that comes on the SRM mount.
More recently, I swapped stems and moved lower and more forward so I couldn't read the computer in the old positon. I got one of those profile computer mounts and trimmed it so that it would fit in between my aerobars. Now I can just mount the PCV to that just like you would to road bars. It doesn't sit totally flat but I think it's as good as I'm gonna get with something that size.

Cheers,

Miranda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Sub3run and All,

My SRM computer fits between my Vision Tech Aerobars (as wide as they will go on standard Visiontech base bar) The SRM computer is almost the same size as Ergomo computer.

The standard bar attachment furnished by SRM will not work on my set up.

I made 2 aluminum clips (taped to the bars with aluminum aircraft 'speed tape' that has a very agressive adhesive) to form a cradle for the computer which is then taped to the cradle with a couple of pieces of electrical tape.

It is a very solid setup and appears very aero.

Pics here show it with Ergomo before I got my SRM. (need to tape up the open spaces for best aero) Same setup for SRM.

I recently got my SRM on board (rear pickup) and so far have fastened the crank magnet and coil on the right chain stay very close to the BB with a small piece of Tufo double sided tubular tape. Later I will hit it with a glue gun or some other adhesive.

Differing opinions on how to run the wires from the BB sensor to the handlebar computer.

One school says up the trailing edge of the downtube to preserve the aero qualities of the leading edge.

I got mine on before I learned that so it is right on the leading edge (bottom) of the downtube.

I am tempted to run it internally (there is a good sized hole in the bottom of my P3C BB for cables) and it would require slightly enlarging one of the holes for the shift cables near the head tube.

Cheers,

Neal

http://www.members.cox.net/adakk1/erg6s.jpg

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your SRM Install Pics [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny that the ergomo boot screen is a little ergomo ad. Reminds me of a verizon phone. You already bought it, why waste the effort on more advertising?

Nothing personal - your setup looks sweet. The boot screen just struck me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nealhe

Thanks for the pics. Did you fabricate the metal ledge yourself?

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some good ones here:

link to hooker thread

you can see first version in sheet steel and the final sheet carbon.

hth,

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Sub3run,

Used a very light guage aluminum that bends easily without cracking - purchased either at Boeing surplus or a hobby shop. Bent the round part by pulling it over a socket set handle (put in a vise) about the same diameter as my aero bars with pliers and hammering it a bit to get the right shape. Then taped it to the bars with speed tape.

The front screw on the bottom clamp for the aero bars could hold a clip with a hole that matched the clamp screw as the clamps do not close completely.

Another solution I was considering that might be easier: Build a cradle with aluminum wire wound around the aerobars a few times and just slip the SRM computer into the slot between the wires and secure it with some electrical tape.

Another possibility is to epoxy a thin laminate or aluminum piece directly to the aero bars.

The setup I have works well and is very stable so the computer doesn't move when I push the buttons.

Now I have to quit fooling around with the bike gadgets and ride more to get bigger numbers on the SRM.

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump...any other good SRM install pics out there???

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub3run,

This is not the most visible, but it works for me. I have fairly thin forearms so I can see it just by glancing to the left. I just used a "knob" on the aerobars and the standard SRM mount. I couldn't get it to work between the bars, my bars are setup narrow and I didn't want to mess with the width.

If you come up with a better solution let me know.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Sub3run,

http://www.srm.de/..._Handlebar-Clip.html

I just ordered the new SRM narrow aluminum handlebar clip that will work with aero bars.

If it works out I won't need my custom cradle and it will be a lot simpler to clip on and off.

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Hello Sub3run,

[url "http://www.srm.de/store_usa/product_info.php?info=p15_Handlebar-Clip.html"]http://www.srm.de/..._Handlebar-Clip.html[/url]

I just ordered the new SRM narrow aluminum handlebar clip that will work with aero bars.

If it works out I won't need my custom cradle and it will be a lot simpler to clip on and off.

Cheers,

Neal[/reply]

How do you know that will work with aerobars, I don't see a picture of it on the SRM site?[b][/b]
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your SRM Install Pics [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Pokey and All,

Please look again at the SRM USA website store. There are three handlebar clips shown. It it the narrow aluminum one.

http://www.srm.de/...7872c8cda9d268834daa

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Feb 5, 07 21:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neal

Do you have any pics of your install with the narrow bracket? I bought the same bracket and will have it installed this upcoming weekend. I think that I have come up with a solution to make the SRM Powercontrol fit flat between the aerobars. I'll post pics as soon as I build it up.

Sub3Run

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To fit my PC7 as perfect as possible I did some crafting:

More detail pics: https://www.flickr.com/...s/72157644627626564/

The challenge was to made a slight tilt upwards together with the right height, and the oval shape of the attack tt extensions. A space of 2 to 3mm is kept to prevent the PC to knock at the extensions when riding over bumpiness.
The material used is PVC, and the mount is glued with medium strong epoxy. Not directly on the bar, but on Scotch tape. This method doesn't harm the CFRP, can be removed with medium force, and is significantly stiffer and lighter than just clamping.
Quote Reply