Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!!
Quote | Reply
Race is in a few hours now.....the bikes are resting quietly in transition.... i had a good time taking pictures and looking for the new gadgets and toys of the pro racing this weekend...

here s a few pic....and i dont have any of the giraffe!!!

Lets start with Chris Lieto bike..... everything is super aero and about speed for him. Lets start with 2 aero bottle, a new bontrager disc that isnt flat...it as a aeolus rim and a carbon section attache to it to make it a disc...rappstar is also using on and could say more about it...but it s very nice... fornt wheels is aeols 65mm very nice ....what else to say...the guy is super fast...should be fun to see tomorow...

A saw a lot of these cannondale....slice six/13...with srm, they are super nice!!!! this one is Micheal Sinmpson, it as a nice littel systme for the salt pills on the steam...like you can see in the next picture...

Number 14 and 15....both french guy i think....riding the same bike, Kuota kalibur size medium...look very nice with the low aerobar.....also using clincher michelin pro2....supposly the fastest clincher easly available.....i m starting to really like these Kuota.....simply look nice and clean

Everson bike...not sure where this company is from but this bike is proudly set up with a nice bento box full of candy from the recent halloween....pretty cool!!!!

Everyone likes a nice blury picture from time to time....it s chris legh speedy machine...he is number 1. he is using the new Profile carbon base bar....and as a interesting kind of bento box attache to his aero bar.....he is on conti tubular....

YES...is hair are on fire....but lets talk about his bike....everything about Rappstar's bike is text book.... the new bontrager disc and nice front wheel ....srm, 55 front chain ring.....elastic to hold the shoes for quick transition, internaly routed srm cable, tigh and net spare tubular at the back of the seat, only one bottle, a aero drink betwen the aero bars and the best of it is the salt pills container.....it s so genious...it s like if i invented it!!!! rappstar sure his a thinker like me!!!!!

on this beautifull blury picture...you can notice that Rappo as fitted the salt pills container inside the tube of the aero bar....it s freaking clean and smart....he as 3 salt pills follow by a CAFFEINE pills!!! and the reminder are salt pills....you may ask why i know that...well i check it out and taste all his pills and get a freaking boost form one of them so i conclude it was caffeine...now, i filled is container with M&M chocolat....he is in for one hell of a suprise tomorow on the bike ride!!!!!! i think the salt container is call SALTSTICK

i just meet a very pretty young woman at the registration and chatted with her about her nice bike....her name is Amanda and she said her bike is a bit too flashy but i personaly think it s freaking cool!!!!!! all pink...it definitly flash... but she told me the bike is also available in black.....oh well, i think Aerosmith said.....<<Pink is the color of passion>>...well, pink is my new obsession!!!!!!!

Craig Alexendre orbea Ordu....not much to say...it s a nice frame....he is super fast and i m looking foward to see him race tomorow...

Sam Mcglone..... my pick for winning the race....she is riding a road bike frame and not the TT frame from argon 18. she also as the new shimano carbon wheel and riding Zipp tubular....go sam!!!!!

Now...my pick for the man winner...Terenzo!!!!! The kiwi show up late at the bike check in...it s was past 6pm and he said he fell asleep and got up too late....lets talk about been relax!!!he is riding a secialized transition but if you look closley...there is something very special about this bike, there is no front brake, no front brake lever....not small chain ring and no front derailler and no front bar end shifter on the left.....yeah....i think he is planning on going fast.,...my only concern is that this might be ilegal and he might need to have a front brake for this race....i will hang around with a front brake just in case....i dont want him to get DQ!!!!

more pics of his componants...or lack of them.....

only one chair ring!!!!! i may try this for a course like ironman canada next year.....if it works for him..it should for me.....

no front brake make the front very clean.....who needs brake....just put your feet down like when you were a kid!!!!!

And finaly, the blackwell athletes...there is more and more of these wheels in transitions everywhere...

Late arrival of Marcel Vifian....he is using the blackwell 100s front and back...and blackwell is now at his second version of the hubs...it s a new hub in alloy lighter than the past one and smoother...it makes for a super duper wheel....and probably one of the fastest set up possible...

he is also using a interesting hydratation systeme...a littel too much for me but it work well for him!!!! and the very nice concord aerobar....this bar as been seem and many demo bikes now like the Lucero and Louis garneau that are outfitting there bikes with wheels, saddle and aerobar form blackwell...

Alexis Waddel

She is using the same set up as i do...the blackwell 50mm front and 100mm back....it s the best set up so far that i have ever rode on, smooth, very rigid and comfy and the best thing about it is that the back well make the same sounds as a disc!!!!! yes...i m all about that sounds vrrrrrrroooommmmm..... it s the perfect set up for a race like hawaii.

ok...it s late.....abou 12am and i have to work at timming all day tomorow...so i m going in the sportstats mobile for a good night....the day beggin at 4 am for me...i need to set up everything!!!!

everyone...good luck tomorow!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i forgot the do and dont or triathlon bike....

Dont do this....it s full of crap....slow down your bike and as way too much stuff....it s only a half ironman.....they bike must weight at least 45 pounds...and we know on a hilly course like clearwater...it s freaking important to go light...any...DONT ....

Now....what to do....keep your bike clean....nice and fast....and light....there is plenty of aid station on the course that will give you these nice yellow gatorade bottle...and the first station is at mile 10! This kuota kalibur look great!!!!

ok...now please...dont attack me about these last 2 pics....peter reid said to keep your bike clean so....i will do so........

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics Jonny.

Too bad Terenzzo is going to be DQ'ed (how did he get into transition in the first place?), I was looking forward to see him race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad there were a few blurry pics in there. i was starting to worry that something must be wrong with my eyes if i could see them all.

i really hope the everyday AG'er doesn't decide to copy Terenzo's rig and go brake-less... scary!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in the world is it legal to do a triathlon with only a rear brake?

iAnd for what, to shave *maybe* half a pound? In freakin' pancake Florida?

He must be very confident he's swimming and riding off the front...

--------------------------------------------------
nuun-feedthemachine.com adventure racing team
2008 National Champions
http://www.clancymultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with Paulo, Terenzo is not even going to get out of the starting gate. Every rule book I have seen states you have to have a front and back brake. Oh well, nothing like doing the whole race and winning only to get DQ'd. Only if he was on Slowtwitch tonight, we could get a front brake and be legal.

You would think he would know better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo,

I hope u also brought some Duct tape for Rappstar. He will need it to tape his psuedo disk wheel errr.. i mean disk covers.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha...isn't that Kortuem's bike that you think weighs 45 lbs? Maybe he'll reply on here after the race.

That Amanda with the pink bike was in Kona watching and had her bike with her...it's pretty sweet looking!
Last edited by: Uncle Phil: Nov 10, 06 23:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally awesome job with pix and stories, Jonnyo!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Gatorade should be nice and warm by race time....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those Arundel bottles with Bontrager stickers on them, or does Bontrager actually make those?

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry... on Chris Lieto's bike :-)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo, excellent Bike coverage. Who was #16 with that grocery store on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAME Nathan Kortuem BIB NUMBER 16 AGE 26 PROFESSION Fitness Consultant STATE/COUNTRY CO USA / SWIM BIKE RUN OVERALL POSITION 25:49 2:08:41 1:24:17 4:02:33 20
RACE LEG DISTANCE PACE POSITION TOTAL SWIM 1.2 mi. (25:49) 1:21/100m 25
Bike Split 1 30.4 mi. (1:10:34) 25.85 mph Bike Split 2 25.6 mi. (58:07) 26.43 mph TOTAL BIKE 56 mi. (2:08:41) 26.11 mph 13
Run Split 1 6.3 mi. (42:08) 8.97 mph Run Split 2 6.8 mi. (42:09) 4.84 mph TOTAL RUN 13.1 mi. (1:24:17) 6:26/mile 20 TRANSITION TIME T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE 2:01 T2: BIKE-TO-RUN 1:45 PENALTY
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [trimichael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That guy would go sub 4 with the Jonnyo approved 1 bottle nutrition program!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well....terenzo was force to put a front brake to his bike at 6:15am...he did it and everything was good...i kind of new it may not be ok and had a front brake ready in a bag with lever and cable....

the course was crazy fast.....insane fast...like you can see on the bike time. but to be honest...WTC is extremely luck to get away with this race the way it went.....about 4 cyclist got hit by cars today in this super busy course....they are lucky nobody died..... and sam mcglone was one of the cyclist that got hit at miles 15.... it s a very very very dangerous course....there is a serious investigation and reevaluation that need to be done.

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why aren't you out getting drunk? Someone needs to drag Desrt Dude home, and I don't think Kerry is big enough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont know where they are...i jsut finish working at 11pm and dont know what is going on!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry - you're party planner is locating them now. I'll have an answer for you shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awsome!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"about 4 cyclist got hit by cars today in this super busy course"

That's unfortunate. I hope that everyone is OK.

I was talking with someone in the know at IM Wisconsin and they said that the lay-out for the bike course at Clearwater was going to cause some BIG problems! Seems they knew what they were talking about.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Nov 12, 06 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As always, awesome pix and commentary. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the WTC-guys should swallow their pride and let Graham and IM-NA put on an 70.3-WC somewhere else.

Axel

EDIT: Thank you for the pictures, great. Just curious: Rappstar on tubulars? Don´t I recall a large thread on this?
Last edited by: Axel: Nov 11, 06 23:31
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WORLD CHAMP Clearwater bike PICS!!! [Axel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a race!!! Extremely pleased to see two relatively unknown guys from Hawaii (James Cotter and Tim Marr) have a breakthrough race to finish 7th and 10th in the world! They are definitely ones to watch in the upcoming years.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
facebook.com/hokaoneonehawaii
Quote Reply

Prev Next