Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
wiggle.com is amazing
Quote | Reply
just putting this out there for anyone who's nervous about ordering from them like I was. Just ordered a Sci-con Aerocomfort 2.0 bundled w/ a double padded wheelbag for over $200 off retail and the best part is I ordered it Saturday afternoon EST and it got here this morning before noon. Unreal to get it from the UK to my door in less than 72 hours w/ one of the days being Sunday. The clincher is the same product was ordered for my buddy over 2 full days earlier from Utah and has yet to arrive.. Wiggle uses DHL which is obviously far superior to FedEx and UPS who suck beyond belief!! 3 days from UK vs. a week (hopefully at this point) with at least one scheduled delivery date change.. Ok enough rambling but if you find something on wiggle don't hesitate to order.

John F. Ambrozic III
H & A Racing

Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [jfambrozic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too, have ordered several helmets (MET Pac 7's) from Wiggle, and every time it has been great. Not a single issue, hang up, problem, or anything. Rapid shipping, direct to my front porch.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very impressed..will be checking them first from now on.

John F. Ambrozic III
H & A Racing

Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This site looks awesome some really good deals just like sportspursuit but more choices and seems like really good service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, I can hardly justify buying much anywhere else because I know I can always find it (way) cheaper on wiggle. I live in Canada and always get free shipping as long as I spend about $75. Shipping here is usually about 1 week, never more than 2. Hands down my favourite site to buy gear from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are plenty of quality online sites. Wiggle not half as competitive as they used to be. Here's a few more:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/
http://www.merlincycles.com/
http://www.probikekit.com/
http://totalcycling.com/

Once you know what you want have a look around, because they will run specials at different times. By comparing between stores you can find disparity of almost 100% between the best and worst price.
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Don't forget that in you're in New Zealand or Australia, give Torpedo7 a try. They do bike and related stuff, skiing, snowboarding, camping and outdoor, plus fishing. Much to my wifes disgust, I've bought from all their departments. My latest bike was from there, tons of tubes and tires, bike shorts, jackets, fishing tackle, bought my latest skis there (even bought my daughter snow shoes last week!) and all sorts of stuff.

http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/

Can't go wrong with T7 IMHO

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree, awesome site, it's my number 1 go to for anything tri related, agree with comment that not as competitive as they used to be. chain reaction has sharpened their pencil but the free delivery for orders over ~$80 and great sales, hard to beat.

Damn, just checked, have spent over 2000 pounds on wiggle in the past year!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:

Don't forget that in you're in New Zealand or Australia, give Torpedo7 a try. They do bike and related stuff, skiing, snowboarding, camping and outdoor, plus fishing. Much to my wifes disgust, I've bought from all their departments. My latest bike was from there, tons of tubes and tires, bike shorts, jackets, fishing tackle, bought my latest skis there (even bought my daughter snow shoes last week!) and all sorts of stuff.

http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/

Can't go wrong with T7 IMHO

unfortunately they are never as cheap as wiggle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find Wiggle to be great for EU-made gear, but for US stuff there are cheaper sites stateside.

Some Zoggs polarized goggles I ordered from them just arrived today. 1/2 what US stores charge.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to mention Dani King from team wiggle Honda is gorgeous!!!
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [SBRGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRGuy wrote:
Not to mention Dani King from team wiggle Honda is gorgeous!!!

I really do feel sorry for those women stuck wearing that kit. It's the worst thing since the Lowery's Meat Snacks women's team from the 90's (yes, the logo went right across the front of the jersey).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is depressing. Back in the good ol' days, us Brits would go online shopping at RA Cycles, Competitive Cyclist and Nytro because they were so much cheaper than shopping online in the UK, even with import duties.

Now the £ has sunk in value, those days are gone... You lot come to us for the rich pickings, but where do we go? Bawawahwhahahaha! (Ok, so there are some online outlets in Germany that are still cheaper than the UK, and there's no import taxes when buying and shipping within the EU, but the pickings are a lot slimmer than they used to be).
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [tjzubick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjzubick wrote:
I agree, I can hardly justify buying much anywhere else because I know I can always find it (way) cheaper on wiggle. I live in Canada and always get free shipping as long as I spend about $75. Shipping here is usually about 1 week, never more than 2. Hands down my favourite site to buy gear from.

When you get stuff shipped to Canada are there usually any extra brokerage fees and/or duty charged? Thx. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [barrel_o_monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
barrel_o_monkey wrote:
tjzubick wrote:

When you get stuff shipped to Canada are there usually any extra brokerage fees and/or duty charged? Thx. Cheers.

In my experience, I escape duties from the UK (Wiggle, Ribble, PBK, Evans Cycles, Hargroves Cycles) if the order is under $100. There is a 50% chance of getting nailed if the package is of greater value, but small (road shifters for example). With that said, even with duties, parts (new condition) are almost always cheaper than Canadian retailers.

Ribble is the best IMO.

Last edited by: Jamaican: Jul 3, 13 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jamaican. I've ordered from PBK a ton and its always hit or miss. I agree less likely to be charged duty on the lower ticketed parcels. A couple of months ago, I ordered from Planet X in the UK and it came with a $120 brokerage/duty charge on a $240 order. If Wiggle sends their stuff regular post vs some kind of courier (as I suspect Planet X did) they I'm good paying the duty if it gets hung up I just want to avoid any surprisingly high expensive delivery charges when it lands at my door. Thanks again. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never experienced any extra fees/duties/etc. FWIW all of my orders have been under $200 and fit in a 2ft cube sized box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jfambrozic wrote:
just putting this out there for anyone who's nervous about ordering from them like I was. Just ordered a Sci-con Aerocomfort 2.0 bundled w/ a double padded wheelbag for over $200 off retail and the best part is I ordered it Saturday afternoon EST and it got here this morning before noon. Unreal to get it from the UK to my door in less than 72 hours w/ one of the days being Sunday. The clincher is the same product was ordered for my buddy over 2 full days earlier from Utah and has yet to arrive.. Wiggle uses DHL which is obviously far superior to FedEx and UPS who suck beyond belief!! 3 days from UK vs. a week (hopefully at this point) with at least one scheduled delivery date change.. Ok enough rambling but if you find something on wiggle don't hesitate to order.

we were also absolutely FLOORED that our order arrived. Yes, simply arrived. With the amount of corruption here NO-ONE uses the post - businesses send out bills by moto personally. So with much trepidation we made an order (small to test to see if it would arrive) and YAY! we actually got it! I would HIGHLY recommend them.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Zone 3 Aspire wetsuit, after reading all the great reviews about it, from them. I live in the States and shipment was timely, service was great and the wetsuit is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamaican wrote:
In my experience, I escape duties from the UK (Wiggle, Ribble, PBK, Evans Cycles, Hargroves Cycles) if the order is under $100. There is a 50% chance of getting nailed if the package is of greater value, but small (road shifters for example). With that said, even with duties, parts (new condition) are almost always cheaper than Canadian retailers.

x2
$100 seems to be the threshold for Customs to take notice (based on several Wiggle orders in the $75-200 range). I also have a theory that high value items are more likely to escape tax/duties if you order at high traffic times for shipping such as the holidays.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My local Tri shop gives me free shipping...and hires a lot of my fellow triathletes....and does free work at races....and sells me tools out of the shop when they don't have them in stock....and lets me try stuff, return it, or exchange it....

Just sayin'...what is that extra x% NOT buying you online?

</Devils Advocate>
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [ejbeaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps I'm mis-remembering a post I read on here, but I believe the long and short of it was he ordered a helmet from the UK and it got disallowed at an event for not having the correct certification sticker in it. Might be something to double-check when ordering helmets or anything else that would apply. I've had great luck ordering from UK based internet retailers FWIW
Quote Reply
Re: wiggle.com is amazing [ejbeaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejbeaty wrote:
My local Tri shop gives me free shipping...and hires a lot of my fellow triathletes....and does free work at races....and sells me tools out of the shop when they don't have them in stock....and lets me try stuff, return it, or exchange it....

Just sayin'...what is that extra x% NOT buying you online?

</Devils Advocate>

Or more to the point. What is having your friends employed there and having the potential to have a few bolts tightened for free at a race costing you for shopping local? Probably thousands over the years. Your friends should always buy your drinks ;)

Nothing against LBS's. They are the perfect place to get your bike worked on. But their business model for retail (ie, limited stock and high prices due to storefront rates / bills and lack of buying power) is not that future proof. People say that without the LBS you don't have that wrench experience / service. But if we do need that, and we do, then there will be bike service businesses. It's simply supply and demand.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
barrel_o_monkey wrote:
tjzubick wrote:

In 2011 & 12 my orders gotr through.
Last month i ordered abou $100 of parts (chain, tires) and BANGO! Customs & Revenue Agency Canada hit me with HST + $10 'Service charge'

Not Wiggle fault - they are a good way to get cheap gear.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wiggle have been my go to site for the last 4 years without issue - where I have found stuff cheaper, they have always been happy to price match and I have happily put my business their way.

This will now change, my Powertap G3 died after four months and despite being told it would take 10 days to replace, has taken two weeks so far, and is going to be at least another week. If I was told it was going to be three - four weeks at the start I wouldnt have minded so much, by my expectations weren't managed.

Perhaps I am being a touch harsh and will no doubt calm down, but in the middle of the tri season, being without your back wheel can be a touch frustrating....
Quote Reply

Prev Next