Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

where was that funny swim video
Quote | Reply
That showed a reporter trying to beat an elite swimmer who ended up swimming in a ski jumpers suit and still won.
There was a thread that contained it but i cant find it and i cant come up with key words to find it here or on you tube.
Quote Reply
Re: where was that funny swim video [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=5355848

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: where was that funny swim video [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe the reporter has no swim background.

I came into triathlon as a 40 year old non swimmer that couldn't swim one length of a 50m pool. 7 years and about 100 triathlons later, I'm still a poor swimmer but managed to get around an IM in 1.25.

I couldn't swim a 45 sec 50m on my best day. When I started swimming, one of my goals was to do 100m faster than this guy but haven't been able to do that.

Good video though.
Last edited by: downesy: Mar 1, 15 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: where was that funny swim video [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
I came into triathlon as a 40 year old non swimmer that couldn't swim one length of a 50m pool. 7 years and about 100 triathlons later, I'm still a poor swimmer but managed to get around an IM in 1.25. I couldn't swim a 45 sec 50m on my best day. When I started swimming, one of my goals was to do 100m faster than this guy but haven't been able to do that. Good video though.

You've been averaging about 14 triathlons per year, so clearly you've been training and racing a lot. Have you tried taking 4 to 6 months of reduced BR training and focusing mainly on swimming??? You may have seen/heard this advice before though??? It might do permanent wonders for your swim:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: where was that funny swim video [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
downesy wrote:
I came into triathlon as a 40 year old non swimmer that couldn't swim one length of a 50m pool. 7 years and about 100 triathlons later, I'm still a poor swimmer but managed to get around an IM in 1.25. I couldn't swim a 45 sec 50m on my best day. When I started swimming, one of my goals was to do 100m faster than this guy but haven't been able to do that. Good video though.

You've been averaging about 14 triathlons per year, so clearly you've been training and racing a lot. Have you tried taking 4 to 6 months of reduced BR training and focusing mainly on swimming??? You may have seen/heard this advice before though??? It might do permanent wonders for your swim:)

Yep. Heard it before and chosen to ignore it!

My biggest problem is, I really don't enjoy swimming except for our weekly social ocean swim which sadly is about to finish for me for a few months as it gets light too late now and I'm an early starter at work.

My oldest brother is a very good swimmer (22 min OD) and has just started triathlons. He has given me similar advice. Right now I'm just clinging to the fact that he might have 13 minutes in the swim on me but I have 13 minutes on the bike and another 10-15 minutes on the run. If he starts getting his bike and run times down I might be forced to work on my swimming.

I laughed at that other swim video that was posted last week until I realised that's probably what I look like!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:

I came into triathlon as a 40 year old non swimmer that couldn't swim one length of a 50m pool. 7 years and about 100 triathlons later, I'm still a poor swimmer but managed to get around an IM in 1.25.

I couldn't swim a 45 sec 50m on my best day. When I started swimming, one of my goals was to do 100m faster than this guy but haven't been able to do that.

Good video though.

He probably "learned" swimming at school/camp, but has never swam competitively. That would explain his ability to start off the blocks and dolphining, but still doing open turns and swimming with horrible body position (head up, hips down), especially as he tires.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he wears the skis as well as the suit, I might stand a chance...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
downesy wrote:

Yep. Heard it before and chosen to ignore it!

My biggest problem is, I really don't enjoy swimming except for our weekly social ocean swim which sadly is about to finish for me for a few months as it gets light too late now and I'm an early starter at work.

My oldest brother is a very good swimmer (22 min OD) and has just started triathlons. He has given me similar advice. Right now I'm just clinging to the fact that he might have 13 minutes in the swim on me but I have 13 minutes on the bike and another 10-15 minutes on the run. If he starts getting his bike and run times down I might be forced to work on my swimming.
I laughed at that other swim video that was posted last week until I realized that's probably what I look like!

OK, obv it is your choice as to how you conduct your tri life:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply