Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

where to stay for IM Canada
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for next years race.

Where is the best condo to stay for a family of 4? Are the condos near the Athlete tent/village area?

Do they bus the families to the swim start or can you walk. I know there are 2 transitions, is the village at T2?

Does it share any similarities to IMMT (i have done it 2X and think the village set up is perfect).
Quote Reply
Re: where to stay for IM Canada [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can only answer the transport question as have't done IMMT and stayed in a hotel. But from what I saw everything in the upper and lower village is easily walkable to the race site.

Race morning buses are only for athletes and those with VIP passes (i bought one for my wife as she was alone, so she got to ride over with us). But the walk is on the valley trail and think it's just a little more than a mile. Easy peasy to get over there. T2 is in the village.
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 28, 14 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: where to stay for IM Canada [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We stayed in the Aspens Condos. Walk to village was 10 min and access to blackcomb lift area was a 5 min walk. If you stay near the village it is all very easy to get around as trail system is extensive. Even on race day my wife was able to get around the course easily to get to different sections to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look up whistler superior properties. In 2013 we stayed by their office and it was across the street from the grocery store which was next to the athletes village. Everything in 10 minutes or less on foot.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Last edited by: realAlbertan: Jul 28, 14 17:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently sitting in the Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre. Great place and would highly recommend. I stayed at the Hilton last year. Nice as well but I like the PPWVC better.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just left from the pinacle. Right at the edge of the village close to everything and only 165 a night with two beds and a small kitchen. In whistler you can find just about any level of accommodations you want with a little googling. Just make sure you are in the village, preferably whistler over black comb. You don't want to be down at Creek Side as it is too far to walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a place in the Village, on Northlnds opposite Quattro. 3 BR, 2 BA. Everything is walkable. PM me if you're interested.
Quote Reply