Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

whats harder
Quote | Reply
just starting to train to do a 1/2 tri next year, what do you folks think is the hardest of the 3 tri events to do. thanks by the way i stink at all 3 so it is all uphill

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Re: whats harder [drdivot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say the swim, because it is so damn technical. If youhave no background in swimming it can take a lot of work to get proficient in the water. Plus you have to get wet. Usually at ungodly hours. ha ha

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: whats harder [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i did my first triathlon, I definitely thought the swim was the hardest. But that's because I couldn't swim 750m straight. Now I can, and the swim is the least of my worries. I'm not a good swimmer, but once you get your technique down, you feel like you can swim forever. I'd probably say the run is the hardest. I guess because it's last :)

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really subjective. Lotsa people come to tri from one of the three disciplines, and so, which ever their background is - will be their easiest.

I ran before tri - so, not that it's easy, it still hurts like a biotch after riding - but it's still my fave!

Mebbe you're in the best position - you can develop all 3 together and be really balanced. Triple threat!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the run. Swimming, you have buoyancy helping you. Cycling, you have the gears, wheels, etc. helping you. Running, it's just you and your legs.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: whats harder [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my brothers run 18 marathons and is kinda coaching (encouraging)me in this and he said the run was the hardest because you cant float or coast. i was leaving the run for last cause just swimming and biking are taking up most of my time

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Re: whats harder [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply