Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

watching cycling with bein sports
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have direct TV and get bein sports. I typically use the streaming feature to watch cycling and access is based on my direct tv subscription. My local cable is running great deals so I'm thinking about dumping the dish - but they do not get bein sports locally - it is time warner cable - who does carry bein in some markets I believe, just not mine.

Question: If I have a cable subscription that does not provide access to bein, it is possible to just purchase a plan separately to stream live events? I've tried to check this out on-line but it isn't crystal clear so I just wanted to ask if anyone has/is doing this?

Thanks
Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really a direct response, but wanted to mention that we were quite excited last year to find BeIn Sports was part of our UVerse lineup and broadcasting pretty lengthy daily coverage of the Giro. We were even more excited to see that the channel would also be providing coverage of several of the spring classics, but the excitement faded when I realized that most of this was not same day coverage, but more typically was broadcast Monday, mid-morning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the FAQ page on the BEIN Connect website:

6. Can I purchase a subscription directly from the beIN SPORTS CONNECT website?
Customers in the U.S. can access the beIN SPORTS CONNECT website only if their TV plan includes beIN SPORTS. Unfortunately we cannot sell subscriptions directly.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too funny, I spent time looking through some FAQs on the Bein website but didn't see this one. Thanks for the direct answer. Maybe I didn't want to see it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know, it sucks, both NBCSN and BEIN tie the ability to stream with a Cable TV subscription. Google Sling TV. I've been toying with the idea of cancelling cable and looking into Sling.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of notes, I recently switched from DirectTV to Time Warner due the exact same issue (price), I do get Bien with TW, however more to your point, when I canceled my DirectTV, of course they asked my and I flat out told them the truth, and they were willing to match the TW price, I had already had the cable installed so I declined the offer, but I have to tell you I was happier with DirectTV, so I'd suggest giving them a call and ask them to match the TW offer.
You will need to talk to their "retention" department (or something like that) not the regular customer service, but it should work.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, there's a workaround. You can buy a subscription to Fubo TV (primarily soccer) for $9.95/month that will allow you to access to all the beIN Sports channels and their app. I'm was a Verizon Fios subscriber that got changed over to Frontier and lost online access to beIN. I contacted beIN and asked about the Fubo thing and they confirmed it would work, but I didn't really think they understood my question. Tested it with Amstel Gold and it worked fine. A week later Fubo sent out this email:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I took advantage of a free 30-day trial of Sling TV to watch the Giro d'Italia. It works pretty well. I think you can still buy the "International Sports" package without buying their base package, so it is only $10/month -- similar to buying BEIN a la carte.
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
A couple of notes, I recently switched from DirectTV to Time Warner due the exact same issue (price), I do get Bien with TW, however more to your point, when I canceled my DirectTV, of course they asked my and I flat out told them the truth, and they were willing to match the TW price, I had already had the cable installed so I declined the offer, but I have to tell you I was happier with DirectTV, so I'd suggest giving them a call and ask them to match the TW offer.
You will need to talk to their "retention" department (or something like that) not the regular customer service, but it should work.

Did the same thing a month ago. Was directed to Directv's retention department and they offered crap. So I went with the cable. Only after canceling my service did Directv offer anything approaching what I'm getting from TW. Too late since I already been on cable for a couple of weeks by that time.

Also Bein is included in my channel package where on Directv it's only available in a $14/month sports package that includes mostly crap.

So far TW has been pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [kini62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were successful in getting our monthly Directv subscription cut down significantly by threatening to cancel once our contract period ended. They've tried to get us to upgrade equipment but it would require a new contract and they wouldn't lock in the reduced monthly cost for the life of that contract so we stay month to month.

Another option would be to stream races and mirror to TV. I stream Eurosport coverage through cyclingfans and use chromecast to throw it up on the big screen. Pretty straight forward one-time $35 investment.
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [robtomh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to stream live on cyclingfans or can you watch as live?
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
Do you have to stream live on cyclingfans or can you watch as live?

Not entirely sure I know the difference... There is a link on cyclingfans the opens a new tab with, as far as I can tell, the live Eurosport broadcast feed with commercial breaks.
Quote Reply
Re: watching cycling with bein sports [robtomh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I mean is do you have to watch it when it airs live or can you watch it at any time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah. Not sure, I always watch it live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
What I mean is do you have to watch it when it airs live or can you watch it at any time?

If it is a 'live' stream from Sporza or Eurosport, then the stream is only active at the time of the event, but there are sometimes videos that are made available after the event has ended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Apr 26, 16 7:52
Quote Reply