Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

using older race tires
Quote | Reply
I have used the same gp 4000 tires as my race tires for the past 2 years. Not really looking to spend more money but is there a shelf limit on how long tires perform. I have a few pre race rides and 4 olympic races on the tires. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: using older race tires [marath8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no advice, just my experience. Last spring I bought a NOS Cervelo from 2010, with Vittoria racing slicks on it. Although still new, they had been sitting for 8 years already. I rode the entire 2018 season on them, including 5 tris, concluding in Waco with a 70.3. That also included all the training miles I put on them. I've since put new tires on the Cervelo, but the Vittorias are now on my training bike, and still going strong, showing no signs of tread or sidewall trouble.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be good to go... I've been racing on a pair of Conti Supersonics since January 2016. They still look brand new... Probably even better Crr now that they are broken into.

marath8 wrote:
I have used the same gp 4000 tires as my race tires for the past 2 years. Not really looking to spend more money but is there a shelf limit on how long tires perform. I have a few pre race rides and 4 olympic races on the tires. thanks

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not pumped you can press the tires if the rubber is still a bit soft ore cracked and feels dry .. that is sometimes a problem with "older" Contis, they still run but tend to get a puncture easier ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Jan 8, 19 10:01
Quote Reply