Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

thing to do in boulder this time of year
Quote | Reply
I'm headed to boulder for a buisness meeting and need some stuff to do. I'll get there in the early afternoon tomorrow, have a 9:00 meeting the next day which will last about an hour or so and want to hit the road by 1:00ish in the afternoon.

I'm staying at the Boulder Ooutlook hotel, which I understand is right off a good running trail. I plan on hitting up pearl street, but any other recomendations on things to do, especially considering all the snow they have right now? I would really like to find a tri shop that carry's Felt's. Any favorite resteraunts?

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [vortmax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even with all the snow we've had, the running trails of the city are always the first thing cleared, and will be beautiful tomorrow, as it should be 50 and sunny the next 1-2 days. Run along the Boulder Creek, and then head over to Flatiron Athletic Club for a swim (if you want to do this, I'd be happy to leave a guest pass there for you). You never know who you'll see swimming there (tons of pros). Restaurants? bd's mongolian barbeque is a very good, healthy eating place at Pearl and 16th; also, Sherpa's is a cool Nepalese place near Walnut and 9th. Tri shop? Visit Tim at Colorado Multisport (near 28th & Spruce) - across the street is Boulder Running Company, recently recognized as the "Best Running Store in the U.S." That all should make a great visit. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot! and if you're willing to offer a guest pass, I'm more then willing to accept it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd defer to the locals but if I have any extra time when I'm in Boulder during the winter I like to head up the road to the Eldora Nordic Center by Nederland. You can rent skis or snowshoes in Boulder or probably at Eldora (I'd call first). Several Boulder places have great fish tacos but there is one place famous for it. The real Boulderites can probably tell you.
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [Johnny99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heck, stay in town and ski at North Boulder park, or Valmont Park!

Wahoos is the fish taco place.

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
heck, stay in town and ski at North Boulder park, or Valmont Park!

Wahoos is the fish taco place.

Kurt
I knew the locals could give better advice than a hick from the plains. Do you have an address for Wahoos?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my apologies for the snow.... the "real" trails aren't really all that accesible right now

the creek path will be open... they seem to plow it before any of the streets.

try renting some snow shoes (running ones) and after your creek path jaunt head up to chataqua and mesa trail for some REALLY cool snow shoe running.

have fun

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [dia_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys. Where is the best place to rent a set of running show shoes?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check Neptune Mountaineering or Boulder Outdoor Store.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo's is also right near the intersection of Pearl & 28th, near Boulder Running Company, Colrado Multisport, Bicycle Village, and a great Whole Foods Market. Too bad you didn't make it to Flatiron today - Dave Scott has his swim class (open to anyone), and Simon Lessing & others joined him. Tomorrow (Wednesday), you can do a class with Jane Scott (Dave's sister) at 12:30 or Wolfgang Dittrich at 5:45. If you do want a guest pass, email me offline at barry@5430sports.com.
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is off topic sort of but does anyone know if Lucille's Restaurant is still going in Boulder? Was going in Boulder around 1989..so waaaaayyyyy back..just curious.
It used to be on 13 street I think, and was convereted from an old house. The owner of the restaurant named it after his mother and it used to serve Cajun style food and known for great breakfasts...

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [BiasedOyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucille's is still there - still in the same place - still serving those huge fat-filled creole/cajun breakfasts with the muffin/rolls on the side. There's always a huge line there on the weekends. You know, there's an identical one, too, in Fort Collins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" thing to do in boulder this time of year"

Drink Beer?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
" thing to do in boulder this time of year"

Drink Beer?

well i'm in boulder now, staying in the Outlook hotel off of Baseline road.

I'd be up for drinking some beer tonight if any of the locals wants to join. Anyone know of a good place withing walking distance of the hotel?

Last edited by: vortmax: Jan 10, 07 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the last time I was in Boulder was 1976 to see Leo Kottke play at one of those places on 'the hill.'

Quote Reply
Re: thing to do in boulder this time of year [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops! 1977

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things to do: Shovel snow.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Cabin fever here with a nice fever to boot has made me into an ST post whore today.

If I was feeling normal I would have been happy to buy you a beer and show you around.
Last edited by: Willraceforfood: Jan 10, 07 17:37
Quote Reply