Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

the birthplace of triathlon
Quote | Reply
Greetings my ST family... i'll be going to San Diego in April with two of my kids and we'll be doing all the fun stuff like the zoo etc. However, i know that triathlon originated around San Diego (mission bay ?) and am curious to see if there's a shop or landmark that i can locate. Guess it's kinda like a pilgrimage to the birthplace of the sport.

Thanks, dave
Quote Reply
Re: the birthplace of triathlon [the professor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might help:
http://66.77.216.76/exec/koz/mission.cfm?publicationID=177

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kinda like searching for tun tavern, youll never find it. Have fun on your vacation and good luck to you in the new year :)

------------------------------------------------------

http://home.pacbell.net/diana_do/knowjack.htm
Quote Reply
Re: the birthplace of triathlon [Jack Schitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks j.s. - kinda like looking for the end of the rainbow eh? good luck to you too on a safe and rewarding season.

dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a run or ride around Fiesta Island (you probably don't want to do much swimming there...maybe on the freeway side), and maybe go swim around Crystal Pier (site of Tug's swim/run events)- that's about as close as you can get to ground zero. Hennessey's Tavern on Mission Boulevard north of the pier is pretty much where Tug's, owned by Tom Warren, used to be. I'm sure the happy hour appetizers cost a little more than the .95 or so folks including Tinley paid to load up on Thursday spaghetti or rolled tacos back in the early 80's but the views of the boulevard are the same (the first San Diego Track Club Fiesta Island tris were early 70's)
Last edited by: skip: Jan 12, 06 14:53
Quote Reply