Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

should I get a cyclops branded wheel with a pt, or buy a pt separately
Quote | Reply
Curious to know if you those of you who bought a powertap, bought it built with a cyclops branded wheel, or did you buy the hub and bought a wheel separately and have it built up. Recommendations? are the cyclops branded wheels any good? Also, how many spokes did you end getting, 24 or 32? Any input is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: should I get a cyclops branded wheel with a pt, or buy a pt separately [stepurgameup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stepurgameup wrote:
Curious to know if you those of you who bought a powertap, bought it built with a cyclops branded wheel, or did you buy the hub and bought a wheel separately and have it built up. Recommendations? are the cyclops branded wheels any good? Also, how many spokes did you end getting, 24 or 32? Any input is appreciated.

the wheels are build by cyclops, the rims are DT Swiss (1.1's i think) with DT Swiss spokes. I have not heard any complaints regarding them (which is good, as people usually talk about quality when things are bad, though i do think that the standard build is usually 32H).

Recommendations on wheel or hub alone? I'll pm you on that, though if you are building it up, you really want to make sure that the wheelbuilder knows his/her craft.

I got a 24H pro+ and will be building it up on my own. 2xDS/2xNDS with DT comp spokes. If you go 28H, you can probably do 2xDS/2xNDS with CX-Ray spokes.
Quote Reply
Re: should I get a cyclops branded wheel with a pt, or buy a pt separately [stepurgameup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much do you weigh?
i'm 145 and built two myself with 28 holes and got wheelbuilder to build an s80 (I think with 24 spokes or 28)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stepurgameup wrote:

Call Rich at Wheelbuilder.com. He's a wealth of information and always happy to help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a PT + wheel from Cyclops and have no complaints. In fact, I consulted the staff at my LBS prior to purchase to ascertain the cost to build a wheel versus the cyclops wheel. My LBS recommended the Cycleops wheel based on quality. I use the PT mainly in the winter a/k/a indoors and don't race with the wheel--but zero complaints. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: should I get a cyclops branded wheel with a pt, or buy a pt separately [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about 180. Do more spokes necessarily equate for heavier riders? thanks for the reply
Last edited by: stepurgameup: May 29, 11 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: should I get a cyclops branded wheel with a pt, or buy a pt separately [chitowncycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks alot for the help. was wondering if you have heard anyone race with them before with a disc cover?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually have a couple of nearly new Hed built wheels with Pro+ hubs that I am looking to sell. They are 24 spokes for the front wheel and both rears are 28 spokes which has handled my 185 lbs with no problems.

I did Mooseman last year with a wheelbuilder cover on the rear and it worked perfectly.

Wheelset

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#3354042

Rear Only
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=3361371;#3361371

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rider weight, usual road, riding style, some might be harder on equipment than others. the other guy has first hand experience at that weight :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The carbon ones are Enve. But that's stated on their website...
Quote Reply