Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

reccomendations...........
Quote | Reply
anybody have a rule of thumb for the number of GU, taken on a bike ride. I have one for running and was wondering if theres you guys have some kind of reccomended usage rate the bike leg. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: reccomendations........... [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 every 40 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: reccomendations........... [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think it depends on what you are doing. IN an olympic race I might take 2 gus on the bike and that might be overkill (one 10 mins in, one 45 min later)

In a half--I get out of the water and onto the bike. Once I get going for about 20 mins, I eat a powerbar. One hour later I start with Gu every half hour or so until the run.

If I was just biking for 3-4 hours, I eat a powerbar during the first hour and gu every 45 mins thereafter.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: reccomendations........... [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]think it depends on what you are doing. IN an olympic race I might take 2 gus on the bike and that might be overkill (one 10 mins in, one 45 min later)

In a half--I get out of the water and onto the bike. Once I get going for about 20 mins, I eat a powerbar. One hour later I start with Gu every half hour or so until the run.

If I was just biking for 3-4 hours, I eat a powerbar during the first hour and gu every 45 mins thereafter.[/reply]

in a half do you continue every half hour with the Gu on the run or mix it up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the run I just put down what I can handle. Every half hour sounds good--assuming you run it in under 2 hours thats a max of 4 shots--thats a lot to digest. Chances are the last 1 or 2 won't actually do much for your race performance, but might help recovery.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a read that the body can only digest 300 cal per hr. so any more than that it just sits and makes you sick.Maybe 2 per hour for an Oly or above distance.