Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: Mar 8, 07 19:35
Re: question for the womens (or any doc, actually) [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recognizing that I am only authorized to engage in the unauthorized practice of medicine in 3rd world countries, its hormones. Things should stabilize over time. 13 years is a long time. Seems like your MD could wean you off it someway to reduce your symptoms. Best.-------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Last edited by: cooterbob: Mar 8, 07 21:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried once and made it about 3 days with the same problems (headaches, nausea, diarrhea) before I gave up and went back on... seeing how much of an effect it had on me makes me want to get off of it even more. but the 'withdrawl' is so bad that it would really mess up training and working, so I don't see myself going off it without a good reason to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: question for the womens (or any doc, actually) [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will you marry me?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kittycat: Have you given any thought to migraines? I've had hormone related migraines for years which were alleviated by getting back on BCP. though i get an occasional one still

I also use Relpax which is an amazing wonder drug for migraines.

Many times they can be mistaken for sinus headaches. which then are not alleviated by sinus tabs

They're usually one sided, and no amt of aspirin, tylenol, etc. will alleviate them.

I also get nauseous right around when one hits........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought headaches was the other birth control method.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Kitty,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy. I'm not on the pill, but do get hormone-related migraines at that "time of the month". My sister the MD (in one month) told me to try lots of hot caffeine when NSAIDS just weren't cutting it. A tall, hot Starbucks coffee of the day cured mine yesterday. It's worth trying, at least.
Quote Reply
Re: question for the womens (or any doc, actually) [cindyloohoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't think this is migrane, based on what you describe). iburpofen helps...and hot tea gives some temporary relief.

from what i gather this is almost like withdraw. knowing that helps me to cope...i can get through, might take a few weeks. but it's worth it. i def do not want to go back on.
Last edited by: kittycat: Mar 9, 07 5:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went off BC last year after about 15 years, but didn't have any of those symptoms. Sorry I can't help. It definitely sounds like you should go back on them and then wean yourself off. Perhaps your doc can prescribe a pill that has lower amounts of the hormones. Good luck with it!!
Quote Reply