Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

publix family fitness weekend nightmare
Quote | Reply
Today my wife and I awoke at 4:00 am. drove 60 miles to fort lauderdale, unpacked my gear and walked to registration. I tried to register the night before but registration on active was closed. When I got to transition i was told "no race day registration". Figuring this cant be right i went to the race director. He basically brushed me away and said "nope were done with this". I searched the esm website to see if I missed something and it said that there would be no race day registration but all I could find was this-Once at the event site just find your way to the registration tent to pick up your race gear from the Publix Family Fitness Weekend. Timing chips are given out on race morning. **On-site registration, not pre registered, will have to pay an extra fee for on-site registration depending on your event. I have seen some pretty weird stuff at races but have never complained. This time I am furious. I will never attend another esm race and will be sure to tell everyone I can about how I was treated. If the director would have at least humored me and listened to my situation I probably would have understood. But his arrogant manner pissed me off big time. I know I am opening myself up to "dont be a crybaby" replies but I had to get this off my chest.
Quote Reply
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [softrider757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is on the FFW website:

- ON-SITE REGISTRATION
As always, you can register at the pre-race Registration & Packet Pick-Up Expo the evening before each Coca-Cola Classic Series Triathlon. Check event site information for the dates and times of each race! THERE IS NO RACE-DAY REGISTRATION. NO EXCEPTIONS!

It's not in the most obvious of locations, but it is there. Also, their downloadable pdf registration form clearly states the same.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim was definately not 1/4 of a mile.... I dont get why the run was shortened along with the bike.. I would have trained differantly..
Quote Reply
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see it now, however like you said it was hardly obvious. Its a sprint race for crying out loud, not ironman Hawaii. If the director would have explained that to me instead of being such a Richard Cranium i would have understood. Live and learn i guess. Thank god there is another race tomorrow so I wont be totally shut out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't be a crybaby...

And thanks for a good laugh Boz :-)))

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [lobos8403] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be totally honest once i went down to the beach and saw the swim conditions and length my anger dwindled a little bit. It took a friend of mine 12 minutes who usually swims it in 7
Quote Reply
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tradewinds Race definately has raceday registration. However, why dont you just pre register? Its cheaper ne way.. I will be there.
Quote Reply
Re: publix family fitness weekend nightmare [lobos8403] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 3 year old and sometimes I am unable to go due to little things like trips to the emergency room and illness. (my kid is accident prone)Id rather pay the extra and be sure I am there. See ya there tomorrow!
Last edited by: softrider757: Jul 16, 05 11:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey quit putting some last minute miles on my soon to be wheels!

Just kidding :)
Quote Reply