Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

orlando ride question: highway 27
Quote | Reply
hey i'm staying about 10 miles south of lake louisa next week ... laps of the park seem like the safest ride since i don't know the area and will be alone ... but ... most direct route to go ride there is up #27. is that ok to ride?
Quote Reply
Re: orlando ride question: highway 27 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stay in the same area when we go down for March break. I've ridden on #27 but it's definitely not what I'd call safe. I get off it as soon as possible.

If you're looking for a group ride, there's a big group that rides out of Windemere, about 30 mins north by car. I did the Sunday ride last year and it was a good fast group.
Quote Reply
Re: orlando ride question: highway 27 [markg11cdn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm there on tuesday night/wednesday morning, so I miss the Wed night group ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
27 is certainly not the safest, it is a little better when you reach the Clermont area.
I have seen folks ride the area you mention, but there is heavy traffic and a lot of constructions. Not to mention Disney tourist.

Be safe, have fun. If you can, drive over to Clermont and ride that area ;) it would be a better day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not ride 27. Not safe IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to live off 27. So I'm guessing you are at 192. Catch Avalon road, it runs parallel to 27 with a couple turns all the way to Clermont. This was a group ride I did. If you really want to put on the miles, you can do a full circle. I made the attached map for you. This was a 90 mile ride I would do that took you on safe roads and even a rail to trail path that is almost 30 Miles. I also used a lot of these roads as parts of other rides. This Avalon road will take you to the west orange trail as well.

https://www.google.com/...!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e2

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: orlando ride question: highway 27 [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now state road 50 can get harry, but not at the point my map gets on it. Assuming you are going counter clockwise. Groveland is a bedroom community to Orlando, so morning traffic will be going east bound. But once you hit groveland, it becomes a largely empty road. These routes also give you access to the great Floridian route. It starts at lake minneola, you can find the map on their website sommer sports, or something like that. That is a safe route to ride to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply