o wonder we're so smart... (CNN link).
Quote | Reply
http://www.cnn.com/...mory.reut/index.html

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: o wonder we're so smart... (CNN link). [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheesh.. I better train more.. I keep forgetting where my keys are... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That explains why I know everything ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: o wonder we're so smart... (CNN link). [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But will doing that specific exercise displayed in the image make my boobs bigger? HA!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whenever I see this type of story, it's always aimed at the recreational exerciser. I wonder if at the levels we train at, we get less or more of these benifits, or if we trade these benifits for health risks (like heart disease).

-Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

You may remember a few years back when I taught at a High School for kids who had been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect. At the time (approximately 10 years ago) I also found Fred Gages research on the link between exercise and learning. These poor, pathetic kids were furious, violent, foul, and abusive toward everyone they contacted.
Due to the fact that I was the designated teacher for all of their academic classes, I took full advantage of 8 AM Physical Fitness Class. We went outside in every weather condition. (I told them - "you better be prepped for the weather, 'cause we're going out!) Many times I pushed the school district weather envelope limits so we could go outside and get both aerobic and anaerobic for as much as 75 min. After water, and a fruit snack - Mathematics, and Science for 2.5 hrs.
Violent and abusive behaviors dropped by as much as 95% in my students. "On task of subject" rose from 5 min. up 80 min.
Simply amazing at what this movement stuff does for us as humans, and - glad somebody found Fred Gage.

Thomas
www.bicitreregioni.com
Quote Reply