Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Last edited by: Martin C: May 17, 07 12:10
Re: norcal: cool ultra slideShow!.... [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ride that?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it’s just me but I really think these events are over-hyped and frankly just not safe. The whole culture surrounding them is a turnoff not to mention a high percentage of the participants aren’t physically prepared to even complete the distance. Add to that the mass start and I think it’s a disaster waiting to happen. I mean, what’s the point in taking so long to finish an event that it’s dark. Undoubtedly there are borderline athletes out there who will get tattoos because they held on long enough to get to the finish line but come on. Really just a bunch of posers who don’t possess the physical tools to……...oh, wait a minute……..I thought this was an Ironman thread. My bad.

Seriously though, nice job Martin. I rode about 60 miles on the DMD course last Saturday following the arrows. Sorry I won’t be doing Davis this year as I opted for Strawberry Fields 100k with my 6 year old daughter in tow.

JC
Last edited by: walnutcreek tri: May 17, 07 12:31
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That looks sweet, Ihave done a few doubles and im lookin to do another, maybe that one!!! thanks for the cool slideshow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(thats me at :30 from the end)....

You look lonely.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: norcal: cool ultra slideShow!.... [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same could be said of any distance event - marathons, even centuries. I ran into two "cyclists" recently who were training for a century at the end of the month. Their training consisted of riding for 3 hours once a week. And in that 3 hours they travelled 36 miles! And yet the thought of simply focussing on getting faster, rather than going long, never occurred to them. What can you do? Even a 6 hour marathoner who has trained consistently (and isn't running 6 due to injuries) suffers I think far more than the 3 hour marathoner.

http://trigalwins.blogspot.com

...the only thing.
Quote Reply