Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

new LG P 09 helmet $140 on ebay??
Quote | Reply
Can this be real? Brand new LG P 09 for $140, seller seems to have good reputation, how can this be?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louis-Garneau-P-09-Cycling-Helmet-White-Silver-Small-/291548489173?hash=item43e1a4e5d5
Quote Reply
Re: new LG P 09 helmet $140 on ebay?? [JorgeRamos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the old saying "if it seems too good to be true...it usually is."

Buyer beware.

But...every now and again, you find a deal. Useyoure best judgement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for alerting me to the deal. I'll big now.

Kidding... maybe.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10327392
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of other tri/cycling stuff for sale in their store. "Open box item" which means it was probably a return. Chances are you stumbled on a good deal.
Quote Reply
Re: new LG P 09 helmet $140 on ebay?? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah probably that's why, anyway I pulled the trigger on the black/red one, I feel confident buying on ebay since they have money back guarantee in case I find it is not the original brand as listed + hassle free returns in case I simply don't like it. But still $140 for a returned item in new conditions is crazy low, just last Sunday I lost an auction on ebay on the same helmet but it was a used item, it started at $100 and ended up at $305, good thing I didn't offer more than 250.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubt you have much to worry about. One of the Canadian online stores (trigeeks) recently had them on sale brand new for something like $250 (about $190 US).
So $140 US on ebay for open box item seems reasonable.
I'm not in love with mine, I find it too hot, but it is the first aero helmet I've owned than even in the proper fit, hugs the head very closely, so that may be why...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I brought the LG p09 in a medium for $209 from the same seller a few weeks ago. It was legit; brand new box and all. But it was too small; so I ended up returning it. No issues what so ever. My experience FWIW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be aware there was a recall on these helmets last year which affected a small number of units. I'd be certain the one you bought was recertified or not a part of this faulty batch.

http://www.louisgarneau.ca/in-en/Company/News/
March 19, 2015
LOUIS GARNEAU SPORTS INC. RECALLS P-09 AERODYNAMIC HELMET[/url]
Louis Garneau Sports Inc. of St-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Québec, is voluntarily recalling approximately 283 units of the P-09 aerodynamic bicycle helmet. This helmet, certified according to CPSC standards in December 2013, was manufactured in early 2014 and its production was tested internally by both Louis Garneau and its contract manufacturer and externally by independent laboratories and passed all CPSC requirements. During a recent production, the helmet cover part made of a polycarbonate micro-shell failed the manufacturer’s head impact tests. Remaining units left from the previous production were then retested and failed the cold condition testing which leads Louis Garneau to think that there may be a degradation of the product over time. In its current version, the helmet may not prevent injuries in the case of a severe accident.

No such incident has been reported at this time, but Louis Garneau Sports Inc. has decided to deploy a preventive recall. The helmet is sold under the model name P-09.

It is offered in three colors: 7E5 (White-Blue), 6Y8 (Black-Red) and 6Y9 (White-Silver), the style number is 1405632. Recalled helmets have a manufacturer’s date sticker which reads Jan 2014. Helmets having the above mentioned manufacturing date are being recalled. Consumers should immediately stop using these helmets and return them to Louis Garneau Sports for replacement by a similar product or a refund. Helmets having a production date of APRIL 2014 meet quality standards and are not subject to this recall.

Independent Bicycle Dealers nationwide sold these helmets from January 2014 through September 2014 for between $280 and $350. Consumers should stop using these helmets immediately. For more information, consumers should call the customer service of Louis Garneau Sports at 1-800-463-8356 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. Consumers should call the above number in order to obtain a return authorization number and then mail their helmets to the attention of the customer service. Consumers also can contact Louis Garneau by email at services@louisgarneau.com or through their web site at: http://www.louisgarneau.com

We thank you for your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience related to this procedure.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got one from Excel Sports in CO for $190. Love it so far.
Quote Reply
Re: new LG P 09 helmet $140 on ebay?? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one the recalled helmets..even if the one you buy is a recalled model, LG was awesome about getting a new one out to me. The recalled versions were a matte finish, and had a lot more white color in the accents. If it is a gloss black helmet with grey and red accents...it for sure is not a recalled helmet.

$305 use...wow I should sell mine for a profit!

I ride in 35 degree heat with it for 180cm...certainly is a little warmer than my Kask Mojito road helmet, but nothing crazy. If the design fits your bike position, it's a great helmet!
Quote Reply