Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need help figuring out what I need for Zwift with Cyclops Mag Trainer
Quote | Reply
appreciate any info here as I am looking for exact parts / instructions needed to use Zwift (or other programs) with my Cyclops Mag Trainer. the more detailed the better as I am struggling (and struggle in general) with the technology and parts needed here.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: need help figuring out what I need for Zwift with Cyclops Mag Trainer [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would start by selling the trainer and getting a wahoo kickr. way more fun in erg mode.
Quote Reply
Re: need help figuring out what I need for Zwift with Cyclops Mag Trainer [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you just need a bike with either ant+ speed/cadence sensor or a powemeter. if you have spd/cad zwift will calculate virtual power, if you have the pm, zwift will pick real power
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://zwift.com/hardware/

i too use the same trainer like yours but i have a 4iiii pm so all i needed to was pair my sensors - hrm and the pm via bluetooth with our ipad as my pm and hrm are both ant+ and bluetooth

you will find everything you need on the link i pasted - if you will go use virtual power and only have ant+ sensors then you`ll need a dongle/garmin usb to plug into your laptop so it can read your sensors

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Last edited by: dennism: Oct 20, 17 10:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
customer support team at Zwift can help you with any questions you might have.

But basically, if you have a simple mag trainer, you only NEED:
- ANT+ speed sensor
- ANT+ dongle for your laptop
__OR__
- BLE speed sensor

If you go the BLE route, you can use Zwift with either your computer or a compatible iOS device. If you go with ANT+, you can only use it with a computer (unless you use one of the ANT->BLE bridges like 4iiii).

[disclosure: I work at Zwift...]

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply