Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

mounting 9 speed dura-ace bar end shifters
Quote | Reply
I'm upgrading to 9-speed shimano from 8-speed campy. I have old-school Profile Airstryke aerobars with shifters clamped on/braze-on?? from the hole in the center of topbar.

Question is: can 9-speed Dura-Ace bar end shifters be mounted onto this aerobar or do I need new aerobars with two separate plugs???
Quote Reply
Re: mounting 9 speed dura-ace bar end shifters [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just buy the aerobridge and mount the shifter on that.

--------------------------------

2 Ironmans in 1 Week

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think 9 spd bar end shifters won't mount to the aerobridge. I would either get a new aerobar with separate ends, or take a hacksaw to your current profile bars. Much better for style points as well

J
Quote Reply
Re: mounting 9 speed dura-ace bar end shifters [jeffm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think 9 spd bar end shifters won't mount to the aerobridge. I would either get a new aerobar with separate ends, or take a hacksaw to your current profile bars. Much better for style points as well

J

Shimano made 9 speed downtube shifters which would work with a syntace aerolink or any other bridge that has the boss mounts that are normally found on the downtubes of road bikes. You might be able to pick up a pair of shimano downtube shifters on eBay or somewhere else, and they should be cheap, but I suspect they are not made anymore (9 speed bar ends are hard enough to find these days.)

The bar end shifters might work work with a bridge-with-bosses but I've never tried doing that. The boss in the bar end shifter is a lot smaller even though I think it's the same shape, and the spacer thingy is different as well. I've only seen bar end shifters mounted at the ends of bars (either drops or aerobars.) But that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Hacksaw would work if you're on a tremendous budget, but a new set of aerobars would be the most rational approach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a like-new set of Dura Ace 9sp downtube shifters on eBay that should work for your conversion. Here's the link:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=5448595&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=7177359767&lk=URL

http://www.bytowntriathlon.com
Quote Reply