Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
mdot tattoos and TNT
Quote | Reply
so I was at St A's last weekend and noticed a fair amount of mdot tattoos, in my mind (47yo bop'er) there could not be a more clear statement of loserhood. So now that i see the tnt haters are crawling out from under their respective rocks, I wondered to myself what is the crossover between the two groups? any guesses?
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a little confused by your post - what and who do you mean by the TNT haters?
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [DaveGA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perhaps bashers would be more accurate those that consistently bash the team in training folks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only way m-dot tat = loserhood to me is if you have the tat but never did the race. Whats your issue??

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.."could not be a more clear statement of loserhood."

Just curious, why would that be?

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't feed the wildlife....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what and who do you mean by the TNT haters?

I'm one...damn explosives.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm impressed by the m-dot tatoo. Does that make me a loser?
Not sure of the connection w. TNT you seem to be alluding to.
I think you're just stirring the pot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously!? I mean, Seriously!!??
I have never heard of anyone say something poorly about the people doing T in T. I think that it's great. Sure, I probably would never do it myself, but because I will eventually get an M-Dot (after I have finished an actual M-Dot sanctioned IM), that means I hate people that raise money for charities?
I don't get it.
Can you elaborate, please?

And, Why LOSERHOOD? You're a loser if you finish an IronMan and get a tattoo? WHAAAAATT??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://triathletebride.blogspot.com

Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it cries out look at me I did an ironman which to me is a sure sign of a very insecure individual ergo loserhood. Perhaps I am the loser in that i do tris for internal satisfaction and health benefits not so i can pose in my shorts and flash a stupid tattoo of a corporate trademark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and the correlation to TNT is what....??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wan't a big 'temporary' Mdot tatoo to scare my wife. Not interested in a real one. It's just look like a funky red camel in a few years when my skin gets REALLY saggy.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're a TnTer AND you get an I*Dot tattoo what then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may not be a loser, just an asshole for using the anonymity of the Internet to take a shot at someone else.

Why do you care what someone else does to their body, get a life!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it cries out look at me I did an ironman which to me is a sure sign of a very insecure individual ergo loserhood. Perhaps I am the loser in that i do tris for internal satisfaction and health benefits not so i can pose in my shorts and flash a stupid tattoo of a corporate trademark

Many people get tattoos to commemorate a milestone or life changing event. I think IM can qualify as that. Most people with tattoos will tell them they are personal, for themselves, not for you or anyone else who may look at them. I dion't think you are a loser for doing tri for internal satisfaction, but I kind of think you are for your "holier than thou" attitude and silly attempt to instigate a TNT argument.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Really? See, I still do not understand that mentality. I enjoy the Ironman lifestyle, enjoy watching Ironman, enjoy racing Ironman, and, frankly, am a huge fan of Ironman. In addition, I have a few tatts (although no M-Dot tatt). All my tatts are for personal reasons. They are mine, not yours. So, what do you care?

What about all the people with logos of football/baseball/college/ teams on their bodies?

By the way, I have a small M-Dot magnet on the back of my car, were does that place me on the loser scale?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if the tattoos are not for someone else to look at then why get them in a place that is visible?

and kytri it seems that thou doth protest too much also it is a bit ironic that someone with ky in their name is tossing around the term asshole
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just dont get the whole trademark thing it seems to me kind of like getting "Ford" or "Timex" tattoed on one's body
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a TNT'er training for my first 70.3 race. I have no tattoos nor do I want any in the future. In fact if Chavez nationalizes the banks, tornado risks may increase over Delaware.

I will shoot eleven billionty wasabi peas at you and make you burn if you insult my brotherhood again.

So there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Doesn't this thread and your comments about people who get those tatoos say the exact same thing about you?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have quite a few tattoos. All of which mean something about me, my journeys and my life. Each one either stands for something that I have been through, or a period in my life that I want to commemorate.

Are you saying, correct me if I'm wrong, that if I go to get a tattoo, regardless of whether or not it is an MDot, to eternalize all the work that I have gone through over the past year (the sacrifices, the money, the blood, sweat, and a bucket of tears, THEN my ACCOMPLISHMENT of completing 140.6 miles) I am a loser? Or is it that fact that I chose the symbol- the one highly regarded a symbol for all that is IronMan- that I am a loser?

Also, so is it just the MDot? I have a swimmer that I coach that has a SilverMan tattoo- he hasn’t done an actual WTC sanctioned IM, so not MDot- does that make him a loser?

And again, what in the world does this have to do with Team in Training??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://triathletebride.blogspot.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Falk,
It would seem if you, a TNTer, and a tatoo'd with IM person all completed the same race that you would all have the same internal and health satisfaction. It seems that YOU are the one with the problem as you're trying to imagine yourself as better. No ... I've never been a TNTer or tatoo'd .... but so what??? Get a life!
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you re-read my post i posited (asked) that exact question. I still dont get the idea of putting a trademark on one's calf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just dont get the whole trademark thing it seems to me kind of like getting "Ford" or "Timex" tattoed on one's body
No it's not. It is more like getting the Green Bay Packer "G" or the Dallas Cowboy star tattooed on one's body. Ironman isn't the name of a company, the way "Ford" or "Timex" is. It is much more analogous to a professional sports team.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: mdot tattoos and TNT [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is to me when I see it on baby joggers, blenders, backpacks ad infinitum
Quote Reply

Prev Next