Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when this may open up for registration?
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [Kathy123456] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probaly mid dec if not sooner. Hope you enjoy the Raleigh area!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! really looking forward to coming down
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am heading over to race as well. Can you tell us what the bike and run courses are like? Any other tips for a first timer to the race?
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run course is new this year and the bike is going to the formerly used 1 lap course. It has been a mass start in the past. You can park in the same lot as transition. Plenty of port-o-johns. Hopefully, they will continue to improve bike course marshaling. Has the feel of a small local race.

For a "National Championship" it doesn't have that "electricity in the air" feeling like USAT's sprint and Olympic tri nationals do. That's not a slam against FS Series as the host race director it's more of a reflection on USAT and the way it treats all of its national championship events outside of its money-maker (tri sprint and oly nats); although, I have seen greater emphasis placed on Collegiate Nationals this year than ever before and they did a pretty good job in Bend last June. Perhaps this positive trend will continue.
--

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [More Cowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How hilly is the bike course? Any significant climbs or technical areas that are worth driving in advance?
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No big hills. Just a couple rollers.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [More Cowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More Cowbell wrote:
The run course is new this year and the bike is going to the formerly used 1 lap course. It has been a mass start in the past. You can park in the same lot as transition. Plenty of port-o-johns. Hopefully, they will continue to improve bike course marshaling. Has the feel of a small local race.

For a "National Championship" it doesn't have that "electricity in the air" feeling like USAT's sprint and Olympic tri nationals do. That's not a slam against FS Series as the host race director it's more of a reflection on USAT and the way it treats all of its national championship events outside of its money-maker (tri sprint and oly nats); although, I have seen greater emphasis placed on Collegiate Nationals this year than ever before and they did a pretty good job in Bend last June. Perhaps this positive trend will continue.
--

I thought the job USAT did at Du Nationals in Bend last year was first class. I will be going back this year.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
More Cowbell wrote:

--

I thought the job USAT did at Du Nationals in Bend last year was first class. I will be going back this year.

Here's what I don't understand........why are sprint and standard Du Nationals in Bend, Oregon and long course Du Nationals in Cary NC. Very confusing.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: long course duathlon Nationals Cary Du Classic 2017 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
More Cowbell wrote:

--

Here's what I don't understand........why are sprint and standard Du Nationals in Bend, Oregon and long course Du Nationals in Cary NC. Very confusing.

Follow the money.

Now, I believe next year is even more confusing?

Another thought is the worlds for these are in different places?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Apr 26, 17 13:41
Quote Reply