Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kiwami questions, gear and vs. desoto
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the spider and prima xc?

I have desoto forza, but don't like how the lower band loosens in the water. Seems odd to me. I came from wearing pearl izumi tri shorts, but definitely like the desoto fabric better.

The large desoto fits waist great, but they are also long, and I roll up the leg so it doesn't partially cover my knees. The medium is tight right now, but plan on fitting into themin race season.

I like the spider look, but holy crap that is a lot of money for a pair of shorts. I think desoto is expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: kiwami questions, gear and vs. desoto [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not tried the spider yet but have quite a few pairs of the prima xc shorts. I have tried desoto and other brands and nothing has come close to kiwami- the fabric and fit is amazing. I sometimes even wear them just for running (I know odd) since they are so comfortable. I found their sizing chart to be pretty accurate as well.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: kiwami questions, gear and vs. desoto [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The spider line has extra printed on compression for certain areas depending on which garment. There is quad and hamstring compression, ab support on the short distance suit, and bonded materials in other areas. It is quite a bit more expensive to manufacture, and is comparable to Assos quality. I have to say from a few years of experience that KiWAMi definitely more than makes up for the purchase price with quality and extreme durability. I have a few items that are on their 4th year or more.
Another plus is that Andre can customize your gear with any names, logos or printing individually at a very reasonable cost.
Perhaps he'll chime in with anything I missed.
Quote Reply