Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kinetic with inride accuracy
Quote | Reply
Anyone using this? how accurate compared to a real power meter or smart trainer?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the KK Road Machine, when calibrated, it can be pretty accurate as the only real variable is the rolling resistance of the tire and the clamping force. They use a special fluid inside of the resistance unit that is relatively insensitive to changes in temperature. If I had to ballpark it, I'd guess it would be ~3% and it would track quite closely with a PowerTap hub.
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was super close to my P1 pedals, like with in 5W when doing workings in the 250W range. I never questioned it. I did an FTP test with my InRide power, then I did another FTP test when I got my P1 pedals. FTP was within a couple watts. Freakin' magic, it was. I quit using InRide when I moved on to TrainerRoad with the P1 pedals driving my workouts. Now, I use a KICKR 2, so InRide is gathering dust.
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, a used KK Road Machine with InRide is the cheapest way for people to start training with power and it's accurate enough that they won't have to pull out their hair once they buy a proper power meter for their bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the others said, pretty darn close. I have the Road Machine and the power is very close to the Stages PM (left arm) on my road and the P1 (both pedals) on my TT. I've only had strange data when my tire pressure was too low or when the flat little battery gets low. When I got the green trainer tire the numbers almost matched exactly. I like the green tire because I was burning through good tires.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is okay under 250w. Above not so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is really close to my power2max type s with the exception of hard accelerations (where the p2m reads higher) and short, high-power intervals (where the inride is slightly higher). If the interval is longer, they're nearly exactly the same. My wife has a stages, and her power is nearly identical as well.
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is very accurate as well, within 5 watts. Funny enough TR virtual power is also within 5 watts of inRide.
Quote Reply
Re: kinetic with inride accuracy [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
It is okay under 250w. Above not so much.
My FTP test rides were north of 300W. InRide and P1 were within a couple watts of one another.
Quote Reply