Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iron/half iron/OD time comparison
Quote | Reply
I am sure that this has been done before a million times, but all things being equal what is the equivalent OD time as compared to a half ironman/ironman.
Having gone down the long course road since the start, I have never done an OD, and am doing a few in the near future.
Any guesses on what a 4:07 half and 9:02 full ironman would equate to?
Thanks for your time.

Last edited by: toecutter: Oct 28, 09 16:04
Quote Reply
Re: iron/half iron/OD time comparison [toecutter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:07 and 9:02 is damn fast. Should definitely get under 2:00, although there's less margin to make up a slow swim if you're 'just' an uber-biker/runner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go with 1:54.
Quote Reply
Re: iron/half iron/OD time comparison [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish!
The thing is my years of doing longer miles has blunted my speed. I can keep chugging along for ages, but I doubt I can wind it up to super speed.
My best iron splits are 55/5:05/3:02.
Not real quick in any area.
I am hoping for 1:59.59!
Thanks for your repies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say DAMN FAST! Depending on the course and your particular strengths, I would assume that you should be able to go sub 2...Based on your best IM time, I would guess, 21/59/37 ..Throw in a minute or two for transition and you should be there! I however, am no where NEAR that fast and really don't know what I'm talking about...Good luck though!

T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any guesses on what a 4:07 half and 9:02 full ironman would equate to?

Depending on your division...a win?

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All depends on the courses you laid down those times at and your physiology. My PRs are 4:02 & 9:09. Those came at Clearwater, a virtual drag strip, and Kona, well you know what thats like. I went 2:00:30 at an OD pretty recently but it was a fairly hilly bike, and hilly/trail run. Like you, I am geared for the long haul tho. Just red-line it. good luck

http://ianmikelsonracing.com/2013/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine has done a number of halfs in the 4:04 to 4:10 range and he goes about 2:00 in OD. Of course, the swim somewhat biases the number. If you are a super swimmer relative to the others it might be a bit faster than that.
Quote Reply