Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how to add more reach to p5-6
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions on how to get more reach on the p5?

I already bought a 4-bolt-hole elbow pad to allow for a little more reach, but it is not enough.

Is there a solution other than buying a new aerobar? If buying a new aerobar is the best/most aero way to achieve this, anyone have suggestions on which bar integrates the best?

Anyone replace their aerobar with the tri-rig bar and mind sharing their experience and opinion?

I would have assumed this has been discussed before given the slowtwitch popularity of the bike, but I suck at using the search function apparently. A point in the right direction if has been discussed already would be appreciated as well.
Quote Reply
Re: how to add more reach to p5-6 [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are basically 2 ways:

1) hack your front end. EricMPro on here has done this to at least one or two P5s and some other bikes. I don't know the details, but involves doing something like what you've already done, just more of it. Personally, I don't like that for a long term solution as I question it's strength with how much force is imparted on that area.

2) buy a new aerobar system. No aerobar system will integrate perfectly into the front end of a P5-6 except 3T's Aduro (your stock setup). People have come up with clever ways to keep the beard and attach it to their new aerobar of choice, thus creating what appears to be a 'stock' P5 nose. But in reality, you are not losing much aero NOT having the beard/full integration (probably). You make up for anything lost there with potentially a better position. The P5-6 can be very reach limiting, and it's hard to pick the perfect size until you have a lot of experience with the bike. I rode a 54, but felt reach limited after a year or so. But of course, not an easy thing to replace.
Quote Reply