Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hopefully easy question: wheels magnet for wide, bladed spokes
Quote | Reply
I just put a new set of Neuvation wheels on my bike, the R 28 Aeros with the wide spokes. I have a wireless Shimano flight deck computer. The stock magnet will not fit the spoke- can I use any magnet designed for aero spokes, or do I need a brand-specific one? Where to get one- LBS didn't have one wide enough.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: hopefully easy question: wheels magnet for wide, bladed spokes [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mavic do one that's designed for Ksyriums so will fit easily. About half the magnets available work, half don't. Just go to another store and look at a bunch.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: hopefully easy question: wheels magnet for wide, bladed spokes [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's the mavic one:

http://www.tri-sports.com/maflspwhma.html

and a cateye one:

http://www.tri-sports.com/castwhma.html

"slowtwitch" discount code gets you 15% off at trisports. The cateye one will work on neuvations but not as easily on ksyriums I think, a little rub with a file and it should squeeze on. I'm pretty sure that's what's on my neuvation (I've also got the garmin cadence one on the rear wheel and that slotted on fine too).

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I have to use the Mavic one made for the Ksyriums.