Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

handlebar reach
Quote | Reply
I need to convert one of my tri bikes into rr bike. Supposedly, the handlebar reach (now 55cm) has to be increased. What would be a "reasonable" value?
Quote Reply
Re: handlebar reach [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you asking for stem length? 90mm to 130mm are the typical lengths you will see. You could get fit on a road bike, find whats comfortable, get the reach measurement (top tube + stem + saddle setback) then get the stem you need to recreate that distance on the bike you convert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will want to move your saddle back to around 73 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As noted in the previous posts, your road position will be different than your TT/Tri position. Typically there is less hip rotation, so the saddle is further back. You need to figure out your road bike fit, and then place the saddle properly. On the front end, get the drop bars you like, and then (from the fit) get the stem that gives you the proper reach with those bars (bars will have different reaches....as will the different brands of brake/shift levers).

Look at getting a road bike fit using a fit bike to get your proper coordinates and go from there.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Jun 8, 23 16:32
Quote Reply
Re: handlebar reach [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Look at getting a road bike fit using a fit bike to get your proper coordinates and go from there.

I tried telling him this in the other thread!
Quote Reply