Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon...
Quote | Reply
any of you guys hate shopping, but go with your girlfriend/wife to make her happy? well, i took my gf to new york before the boston marathon.....walked around manhattan in street shoes for a few hours and got blisters which killed any hope for a pr. imagine that....training my balls off for months and getting blisters from shopping???

oh well, at least my gf was happy and i still had a blast!
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walking in NYC is great fun, but it will take a toll on your feet and joints. Did you notice all the podiatrist offices there?

Hopefully, your gf realizes the extent of your sacrifice and is willing to repay you in "other" ways.
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [subminuteman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...repay you in "other" ways. "

hahaha! that is another issue we have other then her shopping problem. she complains i'm always tired from training, even though i provide for her "needs" multiple times a day. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shopping with the gf is a very high-risk activity in general.
know the risks or pay the price...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its posts like these that make me appreciate my boyfriend all the more....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excuse me kej,

but are you complaining about us guys who complain about shopping? or rejoicing in that your boyfriend loves to shop with you? it is unclear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If by providing for her needs multiple times per day....you mean laying on the couch and drinking Michelob Lights I am there man...

Jerry: What you're suggesting is illegal.
Kramer: It's not illegal!
Jerry: It's against the law.
Kramer: Well, yeah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now why would I complain about guys who don't like shopping? What random guys do or don't do has no effect on me. I just appreciate that my boyfriend is a good shopper. I type this as I sit here at my desk wearing my new sweater (that I have received several compliments on today, including a woman that wanted to wrestle me for it in the bathroom) that my boyfriend saw on Sunday, as we walked around Saualito after brunch, and decided I had to have. Not only does he not mind shopping, but he has great taste to boot.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shopping is one of the few things in life that I don't enjoy doing with women. Especially since the ones I've known all tended to have the "shop till you drop" mentality.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Apr 21, 06 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kj/cerveloguy

funny you mention sausalito and "shop till you drop" syndrome. after running boston, i took my gf to san francisco for another sightseeing/shopping trip. i took her down chestnut street, fillmore street, fisherman's wharf and then union square. then, the blisters kicked in, my tolerance was fading fast, and i had to punt....she went back out solo for another 2 hours!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually not a "shop 'til you drop" type. We were walking off Easter Brunch and window shopping. I do enjoy living a couple of blocks from Fillmore and working a few from Union Square, so when I do need something its convenient.Unfortunately with the price of housing here I don't have much in the budget for shopping......kj

PS: My mom and other women have commented on how lucky I am with him being a good shopper. He's even good a doing it alone. I can entirely trust him to buy a birthday gift from us to just about anyone and he nails it.

Last edited by: KEJ: Apr 21, 06 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [fleabates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If by providing for her needs multiple times per day....you mean laying on the couch and drinking Michelob Lights I am there man... "

that's not providing for her needs you dummy! i prefer a crispy amstel light...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it your gf's fault that you didn't workout for a week before the race? That is like the worse thing you can do training wise before a race...
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually paulo, i thought that the walking/shopping thing would suffice as a last-week taper. instead, i got blisters!!!

still requalified for next years boston and had an unbelievable time. the crowd and their cheering overrides any infury,suffering or self-doubt anyone may have during a normal marathon. boston should be a "must do" event for every triathlete/runner. it really is as awesome as everyone says it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TIME?
Quote Reply
Re: girlfriend, shopping, blisters and the boston marathon... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3:20. just squeeked it through. did you run it too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, but the thought of doing it next year has crossed my mind a lot lately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you gotta run boston. it truly is an awe-inspiring event...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2008 might be an even more interesting year to do Boston as the US Women's Olympic Marathon Trials will very likely be held there the day before the normal race...
Quote Reply