Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac?
Quote | Reply
free software? pay ware? please recommend

thanks

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used it, but it looks capable:

http://physmo.sourceforge.net/about.html
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx. doing remote bike fits now and will need something. this looks a little to high tech, just wanted something that measures two lines that I would draw using Keynote or PowerPoint

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericM40-44: Nov 27, 15 6:13
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be worth spinning up Windows, in a VM, to use Kinovea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Bike Fit Fast. Works pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Search for : Coach's Eye
it's for iphone / ipads.
Perhaps could help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found imageJ to be the best free option on a Mac.

http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/features.html

edit to add- I'll usually start with a video taken from gopro or phone and take a screen shot using command shift 4. Open that screen shot with imageJ and you are good to go.

Last edited by: svennn: Nov 27, 15 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinovea won't work on a VM because of the video playback...

I was in the same situation and I finally installed windows 8 with bootcamp and use Kinovea.

Objects looks good but costs 190$ CAD and my parents had a windows DVD so I went the cheap way.

Here is a list of softwares if you didn't see it yet... http://forums.macrumors.com/...ng-software.1264890/
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [jobrunelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like everybody on here critiques bike fit pics by copying them, drawing some lines on them, measuring the angles, and repost

I want whatever they used. Maybe someone will chime in

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the thread I created about my fit a few weeks ago... http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20critique;#5773616

I used the setup Windows 8/Kinovea running on my mac.
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [jobrunelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. that app looks awesome, but I'm doing remote stuff, so just need to be able to take my screen grabs into powerpoint or whatever to measure the angles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one works for video and I believe images. I've not been able to get it to work with El Capitan as of yet but it could be my configuration specifically.

http://www.objectustech.com/ObjectusVideo

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free software for mac - GIMP

it has a free angle calculator built in the tool bar. make 3 dots and thats it.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/...software/fr/gimp.htm
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this looks promising, thanks.

in hind sight, I think I should have posted a "critique my fit" pic, 17 people would have marked it up with their angle makers, and then I could have just asked each one of them what they used.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I've managed to import a picture and find the measure tool. Unable to mark the photo with lines or do any of that cool stuff. I can measure right angles that I draw, but not good for measuring obtuse angles like knee angle, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macdraft

CAD package you can import image to and lay angles, measurements over, I use it on mac occasionally for the purposes you describe.

Regards

David

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for Mac?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try using the option or command key to set your points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was shift.

thanks!

kppolich wrote:
Try using the option or command key to set your points

Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx

Quote Reply
Re: how are we measuring angles from from pictures on Mac? [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Works on all platform.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is PixelStick for Mac & the older versions like 2.5 are free ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply