Prev Next
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts on Pactimo's offering:

http://www.pactimo.com/...skinsuit-unisex.html
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [ctflower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giant dislike. really loose and baggy nothing special. have team one I used once for a TTT, otherwise I use bodypaint. would be interested in bioracer or smart
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not directed to you specifically but....can Bioracer or Nopinz be ordered from US? if not I have contacts in UK so could get them here but would be more complicated and likely involve paying the UK sales tax.

and is sizing accurate - 5'10, maybe 72Kg (but hoping for a bit lower next year - aren't we all), and 31" waist - so medium. As a comparison I can get into a small PI octane, but it takes a while. Really tight in the length and chest - which I know it is supposed to be, but still the odd wrinkle around the shoulders, which I thought was due to it being made for someone to run and swim (under a wetsuit) in. or could be my pathetic runner/cyclist shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IME it's impossible not to get some wrinkling round the shoulder areas (at least the area just lateral to the armpits at the front).
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
not directed to you specifically but....can Bioracer or Nopinz be ordered from US? if not I have contacts in UK so could get them here but would be more complicated and likely involve paying the UK sales tax.
Nopinz you can order directly off their web site (from the US). Bioracer can be ordered from the US distributor that I linked to above but you have to call or e-mail them.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any aero comparison on how BP3 or Bioracer (Nopinz version) compares to the Carbon rear-zip Champion Systems suit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the Champion suit, it has dimpled fabric over the whole arm to the top of the upper arm. The torso/back/shoulder material looks smooth. Meanwhile the BP3 has mesh fabric on half the upper arm and 3/4 of the back. The Bioracer off-the-shelf model has "trips" (same purpose) built into the fabric in the upper arm and shoulder, but not the torso/back. They also make custom versions with trips on the back. Some of the nopinz versions seem to have some extra trips at the top of the number holder.

I've never tested the Champion suit. Jim has tested it and said it was pretty fast. Just wild guesses here but I'd guess it is *on average* better than previous generation suits like the BP2, and *on average* probably not quite as good as the BP3 or a custom Bioracer suit. But I don't really know and I'm basing this only on the fact that the dimpled fabric looks less carefully designed/placed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How does Champion System Carbon compare

I have a female athlete who has a champion (not sure which one .. sorry) and it's very fast for her when she tested.

Again though ymmv

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BP3 and Smart are the best bet for off the peg suits. Other suits can be made faster with testing. I'm not convinced with Bioracer quite yet as the fit is quite strange and the pro level suits have each panel measured and cut to suit the rider (and it's like €1400+ for the real suit). NoPinz SuperSuit is a bargain considering the speedpocket and if you suck at pinning then that alone will save you a bundle. I'm in a custom IMP Sport suit this season and it's tested fast, but I know next year's suit will be faster as it will have custom trips.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest Skinsuits for Time Trials [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
BP3 and Smart are the best bet for off the peg suits. Other suits can be made faster with testing. I'm not convinced with Bioracer quite yet as the fit is quite strange and the pro level suits have each panel measured and cut to suit the rider (and it's like €1400+ for the real suit). NoPinz SuperSuit is a bargain considering the speedpocket and if you suck at pinning then that alone will save you a bundle. I'm in a custom IMP Sport suit this season and it's tested fast, but I know next year's suit will be faster as it will have custom trips.

You make a good point about Nopinz with their speedpocket. I alway wonder how much aero I'm loosing when I pin/tape/glue a number to my skinsuit.

On a related note - does Nopinz add speedpockets to suits (BP3) shipped from the USA? Do their pockets fit US race numbers, and can they be fitted on the right rear of the suit, not directly on the rear as apparently is done in the UK? Has anyone done this? Or, is their a Nopinz speedpocket equivalent in the USA?

Also, since I cannot afford a custom suit I need to buy a stock one. I already own a BP3, a suit I might wear next season for my "A" races - perhaps with a Speedpocket. But I probably need a team skinsuit too - to support the team and such. I believe BP3 isn't available as a custom graphics suit. Smart might be an option, and worth checking out. Nopinz is also a possibility, but it's overseas. And the above comments about Bioracer's fit makes me wonder if I should really consider this brand. I was hoping the rear-zip Champion Systems suit would be in the top aero running, and my team can custom graphic this suit with a low number order, and it's relatively affordable - about $230, but it might only be a little above average. C'est la vie!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wacomme wrote:
Grill wrote:

You make a good point about Nopinz with their speedpocket. I alway wonder how much aero I'm loosing when I pin/tape/glue a number to my skinsuit.

On a related note - does Nopinz add speedpockets to suits (BP3) shipped from the USA? Do their pockets fit US race numbers, and can they be fitted on the right rear of the suit, not directly on the rear as apparently is done in the UK? Has anyone done this? Or, is their a Nopinz speedpocket equivalent in the USA?

Also, since I cannot afford a custom suit I need to buy a stock one. I already own a BP3, a suit I might wear next season for my "A" races - perhaps with a Speedpocket. But I probably need a team skinsuit too - to support the team and such. I believe BP3 isn't available as a custom graphics suit. Smart might be an option, and worth checking out. Nopinz is also a possibility, but it's overseas. And the above comments about Bioracer's fit makes me wonder if I should really consider this brand. I was hoping the rear-zip Champion Systems suit would be in the top aero running, and my team can custom graphic this suit with a low number order, and it's relatively affordable - about $230, but it might only be a little above average. C'est la vie!

Poorly pinned numbers cost a lot. Pretty sure Xav tested it in the velodrome and it's been tested by NoPinz in the Southampton tunnel. Not sure if they're shipping to the US yet, but I'll ask next time I see them. I know they've done quite a few BP3 suits and they can make the pocket any size you like. Smart are UK based as well so you'd incur the same fees.
Quote Reply

Prev Next