Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corrupted Fitfile from Hotter N Hell Hundred? Please help?
Quote | Reply
I rode in the Hotter N Hell Hundred yesterday and my Garmin 800 seems to have gone screwy on me. It looked fine for the whole ride, I stopped and saved the ride when I finished, And it even shows the correct mileage and time on the history page. When I open the file, it shows nothing. It won't upload to connect. I tried running a fit file repair tool I found online, but it only repaired about 68 miles of it. Can anyone help me with repairing this file? I tried to post this question on Garmin forum, but it won't let me post. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by: Technobuyer: Aug 30, 15 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: Corrupted Fitfile from Hotter N Hell Hundred? Please help? [Technobuyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried to open up the garmin folder when it is connected and copy the fit file? I'd also try a straight upload to Strava. You can export from there. Or try an ant upload outside of Garmin Express.
Quote Reply
Re: Corrupted Fitfile from Hotter N Hell Hundred? Please help? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply. Following your suggestions I was able to get the file to strava and to connect, but it still only shows 68mi. There was an aid station at 68 miles, I'm wondering if it auto paused, and then didn't auto restart? It's odd, because on the history page it shows the total ride distance, and total moving ride time accurately. But only shows map and data(power etc) to mile 68. Would running out of memory have caused this?
Quote Reply
Re: Corrupted Fitfile from Hotter N Hell Hundred? Please help? [Technobuyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
possibly. The other thing to watch out for is having the Ant stick plugged and getting into and going out of range w/o realizing you've done this. I've corrupted a few files doing that. I now take my Ant stick out immediately after downloading to prevent this from happening.
Quote Reply