Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need advice from IM Boulder DNF- Nutrition [mndiver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mndiver wrote:
This is all great, keep it coming. To answer some questions.

For breakfast I had 3 pieces of gluten free toast with peanut butter on them and a banana. I figured that to be about 700 calories. 30 minutes before swim I had a Kind bar and sipped on a half bottle of watered down Gatorade.

My long ride was 100 miles 13 days before the race. Ran 13 miles 10 days before. Had a slightly shorter taper due to crashing 6 weeks before the race and having to not train for two weeks.

why are you eating gluten free toast? from what ive seen on those packages, gluten free bread is very processed food and has about a million ingredients in it, i dont see how any of that stuff is going to help you before a race, if you wanted some gluten free grain, why not just eat straight up rice or even corn tortillas, since your saying you felt sick as soon as you got on the bike, that may have something to do with it, also Kind bars, those are not sports nutrition, those are "meal replacement" or just snacks. Nuts/fiber do not do anything for you during an endurance event. They just sit in your stomach. Thats why ive said before i wouldnt even eat bonk breakers or cliff bars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next