Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it says 23/25mm on the original Conti box though and bike-components.de sell them as different sets,

23/25mm for 2017:
https://www.bike-components.de/...-Modell-2017-p52253/

and the 22/24mm as to be discontinued:
https://www.bike-components.de/...uslaufmodell-p33133/
Last edited by: acco: Oct 16, 16 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can even see 25mm printed on the Force here:
http://www.bike-discount.de/...s/254357_2381809.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I see it now. Thanks for the links. Makes sense they go wider I guess, I kinda liked the 22/24 dimensions on wider rims though, for raceday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes, I need to stock up on the old ones. I run the Force 24c front and back on my road bike. It's the widest tire I can run in back, 25c's I've tried end up rubbing when I get out of the saddle. I also run them in front since the on-rim width is just a hair under 27mm and looks to be a good match aero-wise with my Boyd's.
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
Yikes, I need to stock up on the old ones. I run the Force 24c front and back on my road bike. It's the widest tire I can run in back, 25c's I've tried end up rubbing when I get out of the saddle. I also run them in front since the on-rim width is just a hair under 27mm and looks to be a good match aero-wise with my Boyd's.

Great, first a run on the SS, now a run on the force. Geez, I had stock piling but I sure don't like rolling slow rubber even more.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Team_Doc28 wrote:
True. But I like to at least consider flat protection as well.

What is your tolerance for flats? It has been over two years and like 30+ races on Supersonics since I have had a flat. In that time I have seen literally 100s if not thousands of flats.

How did you come to the conclusion that supersonics have no flat protection?

Thomas no point in continuing to preach, let the masses ride there slow tires. Here is to hoping can get my hands on a few more SS this winter, not giving those babies away to friends ever again!

And why would people ride a attack/force even over a Conti TT? And i don't want anyone to tell me a TT does not have flat protection been mostly riding last years TT's race tires as training tires all year and not one flat yet. Only flats i have had all yr have been on a gatorskin and and 4000GP.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Force 24 measures 28 on Hed Jet plus rims, I wonder if the 25 is actually larger or if they are finally just naming these tires as they are. It probably is better marketing to tell people you are on 23+25mm tires vs 22+24 mm tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
couldn't this just be marketing? Those tires measured 23-24 and 25-26 anyways...

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jsk wrote:

Great, first a run on the SS, now a run on the force. Geez, I had stock piling but I sure don't like rolling slow rubber even more.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Team_Doc28 wrote:

What is your tolerance for flats? It has been over two years and like 30+ races on Supersonics since I have had a flat. In that time I have seen literally 100s if not thousands of flats.

Thomas no point in continuing to preach, let the masses ride there slow tires. Here is to hoping can get my hands on a few more SS this winter, not giving those babies away to friends ever again!

And why would people ride a attack/force even over a Conti TT? And i don't want anyone to tell me a TT does not have flat protection been mostly riding last years TT's race tires as training tires all year and not one flat yet. Only flats i have had all yr have been on a gatorskin and and 4000GP.

This more comes down to my personal curiosity on how people actually come to their conclusions. Is it the Conti marketing saying there is no vectran puncture strip, is this hearsay or other personal anecdotal evidence. I am genuinely interested in sociology and I find it fascinating how people come to their conclusions. Even Sebi won't run Supersonics because of the strip, but when I asked him if he ever tried them out, his answer was no. How do you know unless you ride them.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: GP4000 vs Attack/Force combo [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
couldn't this just be marketing? Those tires measured 23-24 and 25-26 anyways...

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jsk wrote:

Actually a very good point. It would be much easier to make a marketing change like that then to institute an entire manufacturing change.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:

Who knows. They call them version III though and changed the printing on the box and on the tyres. OTOH they also sold version II last year and no one seems to know what the difference was compared to the original version.

I suppose someone just has to buy a set and compare them to version I and/or II. Or anyone with contacs at Conti that could get this settled?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Team_Doc28 wrote:

This more comes down to my personal curiosity on how people actually come to their conclusions. Is it the Conti marketing saying there is no vectran puncture strip, is this hearsay or other personal anecdotal evidence. I am genuinely interested in sociology and I find it fascinating how people come to their conclusions. Even Sebi won't run Supersonics because of the strip, but when I asked him if he ever tried them out, his answer was no. How do you know unless you ride them.

I was scarred till I rode them and they did not magically blow up! Yes I agree with all the threads on tires here it is simply amazing to me there is still debate the sociology is fascinating. I love when i walk down the line of pro bikes at races and see all the choices that are made in regards to tires and water bottle placements. I used to talk to the people racked next to me about there choices but realized why why why no point in helping them be faster.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
True, but the same could be said for all of their other tires, which also run wider than the rated width on modern rims, so why only change the rated width on the Force/Attack? My whole reason for using the Force 24c is that it's the perfect width for my needs. If they actually made them any wider I won't be able to use them, so I'll wait for others to make that determination before ordering any of the new ones.
Quote Reply

Prev Next