Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magura brakes
Quote | Reply
has anyone upgraded their front Magura brake only? If so, what did you do about the other brake lever? I bought a set of brakes, but my rear brake cannot take a standard brake caliper (Trp with two bolts). Not much experience with hydraulic brakes, so I hope someone here can shed some light.
Quote Reply
Re: Magura brakes [erobles15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure there is an adapter for the Magyars for a two bolt mount. In fact I think I have some on hand I took off mine.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what bike you have but I'm pretty sure you can use an adapter to mount a Magura on a frame with dual post brakes. I know that's how they mount front and rear on a Shiv Tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been curious to know if they fit wide wheels. I currently use Ultegra 6800 on carbon wheels and they're essentially maxed out, and the modulation feels spongy.

I've been considering upgrading to Magura rt8 if it will get rid of the spongy feel, but I'm also concerned that they may not open wide enough to give ~1.5-2.0 mm clearance on each side of a 26.2 mm wheel. Their documentation claims compatibility with wheels up to 28mm, but I've seen posts where Magura has told users they'd have to get rid of the washer that allows toe adjustment on the pads, which I find unacceptable for a high end product.
Quote Reply
Re: Magura brakes [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a QR cd 0.1. I'm replacing the stock fork since it has a back mounted brake - two bolt as well.

I'm just not sure there's enough clearance for the rear brake, but it would be awesome if it can be made to work. It never been happy with the TRP brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Magura brakes [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am using zipps firecrest and magura work no worries
Quote Reply
Re: Magura brakes [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it actually help brake performance on carbon wheels, or does it just modulate better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to be honest once cable brakes are set up properly i don't think that are any worse than magura:

- definitely better modulation - though not so sure how useful it is in tt bike
- for sure easier to set up - the screw driving the width of the brakes is da bomb if you change your wheels regularily
- i feel braking is easier on the wrists with magura
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you already moved concave washer to outside of brake arm? I've never encountered a Shimano brake that can't handle a wide wheel and still feel good.

Wait just read all of your post... Why do you find doing that "unacceptable on a high end brake"

That's an extremely odd stance. It is quite normal.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Mar 1, 15 9:26
Quote Reply