Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: advice on indoor trainer......wahoo fitness kickr [swimmer04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimmer04 wrote:
The Kickr is a great machine and the ability to set it to certain watts and control workouts is definitely nice, but I'd recommend the Lemond Revolution with she Watt Box. you can get that set up for half the price of a Kickr and the real world feel is unlike any other trainer. Yes, it is a little loud, but my wife can't hear it from our basement and we don't have a finished ceiling. I've ridden the Kickr plenty of times and whike yes it's nice to set target watts and just pedal, it is not helping you as much with real world pacing. What I mean is that the Kickr is very easy to maintain certain watts because it will just adjust no matter the cadence So you don't get the ideal feel of pacing. The Lemond is very real like and if you let off, just like outside, your watts will drop and you have to concentrate a bit to stay in the zone. A lot of pro teams , men and women using the Lemond and has good reviews. If anything check it out

I looked at the Lemond but got a little nervous reading about the recent history of the company/product, including DCRainmaker's article. Amazon has no reviews since 2011 and several online bike retailers that I typically deal with are either "out of stock" or no longer sell it. You mention the half price issue but on their website, the price of the unit plus the Watt Box is about the same of the Wahoo Kickr. And the reviews about the substantial noise was a concern. I wasn't that well-versed on trainers a couple of weeks ago but after researching and getting feedback from others who have more knowledge/experience, just prefer to buy something that I intend on keeping for a while from a company where there are more recent reviews and I feel confident about getting any needed support going forward. This is not a knock on the Lemond product....just my personal buying preferences when there are several similar options out there. Thanks for feedback.

ps.....from a marketing standpoint, I'm also concerned when a company promotes social media on their website yet has not updated their "blog" or You Tube posting since 2012.....not confidence building when trying to sell products
Last edited by: gphin305: Jan 26, 15 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: advice on indoor trainer......wahoo fitness kickr [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only will the Kickr tell you your power output, but it should be more responsive and accurate than the PowerCal.

Using the PowerCal as a heart rate monitor talking back to whatever software your using to control the Kickr or record your data makes good sense.
Quote Reply

Prev Next