Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Raleigh 70.3 vs Augusta 70.3 [djwrekless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done both and really had a great time in Raleigh. The courses have been explained by others as well as locations, but staying 100 yards from the finish was awesome in Raleigh, as was the food. I found that Augusta was filled with newbies and had a very different vibe - not in a bad way, just a lot of nervous people. It is an awesome first timer event and some pretty excited people. My wife/son came to Augusta and had an OK time spectating - they got to see me a ton on the run, but there was nothing for them to do during the race.

I would not classify the climb in Raleigh as wicked unless you only ride downhill in training. I was mild and if you gear it right, it is a simple spin up. Augusta swim is fast and fun - I like zero sighting and downstream. Both runs were fine, but Augusta could be HOT for sure.

Why not do both?

Chattanooga 70.3 will be a great venue - for family there is good food, Children's Museum and the Aquarium/IMAX - so for the bike, they have options. I tend to race were I can make my family have a good time and less about the course these days.
Quote Reply

Prev Next